"Does it not seem a vast waste of valuable human material that the pioneers of thought, those who by their genius dare to clear unknown paths in the arts and sciences and in government, should have to conform to the dictates of that non-creative, slow-moving mass, the majority? An appeal to the majority is a resort to force and not an appeal to intelligence; the majority is always ignorant, and by increasing the majority we multiply ignorance. The majority is incapable of initiative, its attitude being one of opposition toward everything that is new. If it had been left to the majority, the world would never have had the steamboat, the railroad, the telegraph, or any of the conveniences of modern life." ~ Charles Sprading
Occupation:Writing, teaching, business development, soldiering, and how ever else I can make an honest buck.
RECENT COMMENTS BY Eric Field
- Private Military Contractors Belie The Official Boston Marathon Story Web link Bradley Keyes
- Why We Need To Stop Exaggerating The Threat To Cops Web link Eric Field
- Vulgar Libertarianism from Mercatus Web link mhstahl
- Couple Suing Kansas Police After Pot Raid Finds Only Tomatoes Web link mhstahl
- The Last Gasp of Copyright Dies Within Me Web link Eric Field