"[T]here are, at bottom, basically two ways to order social affairs, Coercively, through the mechanisms of the state -- what we can call political society. And voluntarily, through the private interaction of individuals and associations -- what we can call civil society. ... In a civil society, you make the decision. In a political society, someone else does. ... Civil society is based on reason, eloquence, and persuasion, which is to say voluntarism. Political society, on the other hand, is based on force." ~ Ed Crane
Occupation:Writing, teaching, business development, soldiering, and how ever else I can make an honest buck.
RECENT COMMENTS BY Eric Field
- Private Military Contractors Belie The Official Boston Marathon Story Web link Bradley Keyes
- Why We Need To Stop Exaggerating The Threat To Cops Web link Eric Field
- Vulgar Libertarianism from Mercatus Web link mhstahl
- Couple Suing Kansas Police After Pot Raid Finds Only Tomatoes Web link mhstahl
- The Last Gasp of Copyright Dies Within Me Web link Eric Field