"The art of politics, under democracy, is simply the art of ringing it. Two branches reveal themselves. There is the art of the demagogue, and there is the art of what may be called, by a shot-gun marriage of Latin and Greek, the demaslave. They are complementary, and both of them are degrading to their practitioners. The demagogue is one who preaches doctrines he knows to be untrue to men he knows to be idiots. The demaslave is one who listens to what these idiots have to say and then pretends that he believes it himself." ~ H.L. Mencken
This member hasn't provided any details.
RECENT COMMENTS BY Paul
- When the Sunshine State(s) Said 'Cut' Page Kevin M. Patten
- At Carnegie Mellon, FTC Commissioner Urges Protecting Public Web link Emmett Harris
- Obama Proposes $3.99 Trillion Budget, Sets Up Battle with Republicans Web link Emmett Harris
- State of Civilization Page Paul Hein
- Lawmakers Debate Whether More Guns Make College Campuses Safer Web link Emmett Harris