"...attempts to regulate the civilian possession of firearms have five political functions. They (1) increase citizen reliance on government and tolerance of increased police powers and abuse; (2) help prevent opposition to the government; (3) facilitate repressive action by government and its allies; (4) lesson the pressure for major or radical reform; and (5) can be selectively enforced against those perceived to be a threat to government." ~ Raymond Kessler
This member hasn't provided any details.
RECENT COMMENTS BY Paul
- State Subsidized Bread & Circuses Projects Are Usually Financial Busts Web link KenK
- Proposed E-Cigarette Ban is Awfully Convenient for Tax Collectors, Tobacco Industry Web link KenK
- “Cliches of Progressivism # 16 - Ownership Must Be Tempered by Sharing” Web link KenK
- PA Dept of Agriculture Orders Closing of Community “Seed Library” Web link KenK
- Culture Rose in Ancient Humans as Testosterone Fell, Study Says Web link Sharon Secor