"It is the highest impertinence and presumption, therefore, in kings and ministers, to pretend to watch over the economy of private people, and to restrain their expence, either by sumptuary laws, or by prohibiting the importation of foreign luxuries. They are themselves always, and without any exception, the greatest spendthrifts in the society. Let them look well after their own expence, and they may safely trust private people with theirs. If their own extravagance does not ruin the state, that of their subjects never will." ~ Adam Smith
This member hasn't provided any details.
RECENT COMMENTS BY Paul
- Prove That You’re NOT Racist, Citizen! Web link KenK
- The Russian Famine of 1921-22 Web link strike
- When Deplorable Meets Adorable Page Douglas Herman
- A Place Somewhere Beyond 'White Man's Burden' and 'I Hate N*ggers' Page Paul Bonneau
- Establishment Rats Eat Themselves: Time Magazine Advocates Taxpayer Revolt! Web link A. Magnus