"Socialism, like the ancient ideas from which it springs, confuses the distinction between government and society. As a result of this, every time we object to a thing being done by government, the socialists conclude that we object to its being done at all. We disapprove of state education. Then the socialists say that we are opposed to any education. We object to a state religion. Then the socialists say that we want no religion at all. We object to a state-enforced equality. Then they say that we are against equality. And so on, and so on. It is as if the socialists were to accuse us of not wanting persons to eat because we do not want the state to raise grain." ~ Frederic Bastiat
This member hasn't provided any details.
RECENT COMMENTS BY Melinda L. Secor
- Attorneys: Obama’s ‘Secret’ Cyber Security Law May Allow ‘Military Deployment Within the U.S.’ Web link Melinda L. Secor
- Drought and SuperBugs Devastate U.S. Corn Crop Web link Melinda L. Secor
- Some Captive Chimpanzees Show Signs of Compromised Mental Health, Research Shows Web link Melinda L. Secor
- Adventures in Federal Budget Cutting Web link Melinda L. Secor
- If We Don’t Fight, TSA-like Security Coming to ‘Sidewalks,’ ‘Football Games,’ Texas Rep. Warns Web link Sharon Secor