"It is the highest impertinence and presumption, therefore, in kings and ministers, to pretend to watch over the economy of private people, and to restrain their expence, either by sumptuary laws, or by prohibiting the importation of foreign luxuries. They are themselves always, and without any exception, the greatest spendthrifts in the society. Let them look well after their own expence, and they may safely trust private people with theirs. If their own extravagance does not ruin the state, that of their subjects never will." ~ Adam Smith
This member hasn't provided any details.
RECENT COMMENTS BY Melinda L. Secor
- Attorneys: Obama’s ‘Secret’ Cyber Security Law May Allow ‘Military Deployment Within the U.S.’ Web link Melinda L. Secor
- Drought and SuperBugs Devastate U.S. Corn Crop Web link Melinda L. Secor
- Some Captive Chimpanzees Show Signs of Compromised Mental Health, Research Shows Web link Melinda L. Secor
- Adventures in Federal Budget Cutting Web link Melinda L. Secor
- If We Don’t Fight, TSA-like Security Coming to ‘Sidewalks,’ ‘Football Games,’ Texas Rep. Warns Web link Sharon Secor