"It [government] covers the surface of society with a network of small complicated rules, minute and uniform, through which the most original minds and the most energetic characters cannot penetrate, to rise above the crowd. The will of man is not shattered, but softened, bent, guided; men are seldom forced by it to act, but they are constantly restrained from acting: such a power does not destroy, but it prevents existence; it does not tyrannize, but it compresses, extinguishes, and stupefies a people, till each nation is reduced to be nothing better than a flock of timid and industrious animals, of which the government is the shepherd." ~ Alexis de Tocqueville
This member hasn't provided any details.
RECENT COMMENTS BY Mitrik_Spanner
- American Christian Fascists Page Bob Wallace
- Why Aren't The Rich Paying 50% in Income Taxes? Web link Westernerd
- Steven Seagal, Sheriff Raid Valley Home In Tank Web link Sharon Secor
- Study: One-Third of Students Don’t Learn Much in College Web link Sharon Secor
- How Bitcoin Created a Decentralized Currency Web link Mike Powers