Glen Allport 3 years 23 weeks ago
    Zenigma
    Page tzo
    Thanks for the tenbulls page; very nice. I have physical copies of the Gia Fu Feng & Jane English translation at home; bought them many years ago and re-read them every few years. I love English's gorgeous b/w photos and it seems strange now when I see the text without them. Also, most other translations (there must be hundreds, including one by SciFi author Ursula K. Le Guin [ http://www.amazon.com/Lao-Tzu-Ching-about-Power/dp/1590307445/ref=sr_1_3... ]) are very different and none grab me the way this one does.
    jeffydiver 3 years 23 weeks ago Web link Derek Henson
    Yes, I agree that corporations making in excess of a billion dollars need to pay more taxes. Look at China, all businesses must pay taxes, and you can see how they are beefing up their infrastructure and technology. "Bang-em High !"
    tzo 3 years 23 weeks ago
    Zenigma
    Page tzo
    Thanks, Glen, I appreciate the kind words. And I agree with you that all the minarchist people and ideas are invaluable as far as being part of the learning process. But if a person confuses minarchy with freedom, he may become stuck in that rut for a very long time—and in fact may never get out of it, as you pointed out. I believe the student was treating all the minarchist people and ideas as ends—confusing them with freedom itself—and this is what the master wanted to point out with his blunt statement. The student will now have in the back of his mind that the master has a different opinion of what freedom is, and so will ask himself—even as he admires Ron Paul speeches—why is this not good enough for the master? Having that seed planted, if he wants to make it grow, he can. Also, I have that same translation of the Tao Te Ching at home http://www.amazon.com/Ching-25th-Anniversary-English-Mandarin-Chinese/dp... and I always enjoy going through it every once in a while. One of my other favorite bits of Zen is the Ten Bulls http://www.iloveulove.com/spirituality/buddhist/tenbulls.htm
    Glen Allport 3 years 23 weeks ago
    Zenigma
    Page tzo
    Tzo, this is a gem. The writing and the sensibility underlying your text put me in mind of the Gia Fu Feng & Jane English translation of the Tao Te Ching: http://www.thebigview.com/download/tao-te-ching-illustrated.pdf Actually, Lao-Tzu's text has a number of sections I find bizarre -- probably my own failing, but still, the point is "Zenigma" doesn't suffer from that, so it's BETTER than the Tao Te Ching! Alright, I'm being silly -- maybe -- but I like your column a lot. And I agree with you: 20 years sounds about right. For the more promising students, anyway. Most won't get there. Hell, most won't even start the trip. I think that for those who DO start along that road, most early students WILL be well-served to read Jefferson and to seek out a variety of material, some of which will not be voluntaryist but merely minarchist (this, because their first Master won't be you or any other voluntaryist). Learning the difference is part of the journey. And to even BEGIN, the student must first be awakened to the topic, and attracted to it enough to begin investing time and energy in learning more. Until there is a voluntaryist star (of whatever type) bright enough to draw the eyes of millions of potential students, I'll continue supporting efforts to awaken people to the basic idea of freedom. I don't have to agree with Paul's (for example) every thought to appreciate that many who are voluntaryists today began their journey at the signpost of small-government libertarianism. People have to start somewhere, and Paul is the most powerful and successful contemporary figure encouraging people to start thinking about what State coercion really means. Aside from that small difference (seems small to me, anyway) of approach or opinion, "Zenigma" seems perfect to me. Thanks for writing it.
    rita 3 years 23 weeks ago Web link Jad Davis
    I'm thinking of starting a "no-call" list --
    Paul 3 years 23 weeks ago Page Paul Bonneau
    Thanks, guys. BTW I didn't assume that you necessarily agreed with the article, Westernerd, but that you more likely posted it for exactly the reasons you state.
    Natural Law
    Web link Don Stacy
    "The natural law is, in essence, a profoundly “radical” ethic, for it holds the existing status quo, which might grossly violate natural law, up to the unsparing and unyielding light of reason. In the realm of politics or State action, the natural law presents man with a set of norms which may well be radically critical of existing positive law imposed by the State. At this point, we need only stress that the very existence of a natural law discoverable by reason is a potentially powerful threat to the status quo and a standing reproach to the reign of blindly traditional custom [common law] or the arbitrary will of the State apparatus [statute law]. In fact, the legal principles of any society can be established in three alternate ways: ...by slavish conformity to custom [common law], by arbitrary whim [statute law], or by use of man’s reason [natural law]". ~ Murray N. Rothbard http://mises.org/rothbard/ethics/one.asp http://mises.org/rothbard/ethics/two.asp http://mises.org/rothbard/ethics/three.asp My thanks go to tzo for reminding me of these.
    Glen Allport 3 years 23 weeks ago Page B.R. Merrick
    What a joy to read something where the political AND the psychological commentary seem warm, human, and quite on-the-mark. Great job, B.R. My wife loves the film but I haven't had an interest in seeing it; now I do.
  • Guest's picture
    Temujin (not verified) 3 years 23 weeks ago Web link Melinda L. Secor
    Yeah! Stick it to those banks! Defaulting on your mortgage is a moral and ethical imperative! >.<
    jeffydiver 3 years 23 weeks ago
    Abolish The Pentagon!
    Web link Westernerd
    I think there was a man trying to downsize the power of the Pentacon, but his head was ventilated back in 1963. I think you know their position today......we're heading into a world wide police force !
    jeffydiver 3 years 23 weeks ago Web link Melinda L. Secor
    That's why we can't see those "shocking" photos of Bin Laden, they're too "Gorey" ! I knew the green laws were coming back in 1991 under the CFC law. Now, it's the HCFC law. Tomorrow, it will be the blends of refrigerant, which are declared safe. A stroke of a pen is all they are using against us. Strike the Root and it'll all go away for prosperity. Let it live, and eventually it'll consume the Federal Government. With the States surrendering to the Feds, it'll all fall down like a house of cards. Everyone is already burning moonshine in their gas tanks, which was outlawed and thousands of bootleggers killed. Ah, Oh, Ok, it was outlawed then, but it's Ok now. Besides, we have a bigger war to fight: The War on Drugs ! God bless what ?
    jeffydiver 3 years 23 weeks ago Page Scott Lazarowitz
    The way I see this is if the individual states surrender to the Federal Government, then you will have a state like Libya. If you stop feeding the infamous dragon, it'll die ! The more you feed it, the more it will turn against you for more food. It's turning into a Federalist State everyday. All it will take is another False Flag and all hell will break loose.
    jeffydiver 3 years 23 weeks ago Page Scott Lazarowitz
    Besides, all these diversities just only get in the way of the Lunar Lander, or the last launch of the Shuttle Endeavor !
    jeffydiver 3 years 23 weeks ago Page R. K. Blacksher
    Political correctness is: Only when you think the way the government wants you to think. If you do not believe the way the White House wants you to think, you're a menace to society. You could be falsely jailed, or assassinated by some lone-nut gunman ! You can't have Abbie Hoffman's and John Lennon's running around all over the place.
    jeffydiver 3 years 23 weeks ago Web link Melinda L. Secor
    Wait a minute now, we can think outside of a box !
    KenK 3 years 23 weeks ago Web link Melinda L. Secor
    "Citizenship" is this case is merely a rubric conferred by statist entities to establish a claim on people's life and liberty, which I don't recognize, and so I dismiss that part of Greenwald's argument with further consideration. Where al-Alawki was born is a totally irrelevant consideration to anybody but head-in-the-sand statist assholes like Greenwald anyhow. If some nut-job Islamist was trying to burn Greenwald and his same sex partner at the stake for being gay I dare say Greenie would be more than happy to have gun toting sailors blow him to smithereens without benefit of any bourgeois nanny-state legal considerations. As would we all reading this I daresay. Greenwald wants the state to protect him and his but wants to be protected in such a way that leaves him with a warm fuzzy feeling about due process at the end of it all. Good luck with that Greenie.
    Paul 3 years 23 weeks ago Page Paul Bonneau
    Unfortunately it suffers some of the same problems as the farm analogy.
    jeffydiver 3 years 23 weeks ago Page Paul Hein
    Good story, I'm moving to Valley Park ! Baltimore Maryland has been sold to the illegal immigrants.
    jeffydiver 3 years 23 weeks ago Web link Westernerd
    Great job ! Good poem.
    jeffydiver 3 years 23 weeks ago Web link Westernerd
    Great job ! Good poem.
    jeffydiver 3 years 23 weeks ago Web link Westernerd
    Disarmament is just a way to be subdued ! Do you think America would ever disarm ? Fat chance !
    jeffydiver 3 years 23 weeks ago Web link Westernerd
    Improve educational system ? It was ! Our government through the department of education has deliberately lowered the standards, so the instructors could make wealth, and force parents to pay for the "missed" education at the college curriculum level. Pure and simple: Business, to rape the public.
    jeffydiver 3 years 23 weeks ago Web link Westernerd
    Yeah, it's amazing to watch our leaders retire in plush wealth while we suffer with economic disasters.
    rita 3 years 23 weeks ago Web link Westernerd
    Ah, but for our exalted leaders and their minions, it HAS BEEN "worth the price" -- every cent, every human life, every last bit of the shredded constitution. It was all about increasing their power. Everything about the great "war on terror," like everything about the holy "war on drugs," including its much-lamented "failure" to protect the public, is a lie.
    Paul 3 years 23 weeks ago Web link Westernerd
    A nice turn of phrase: "That US foreign policy is the product of a venal calculus centered on the interests of imperialists is never really the message; no, that would be just too indecorous, too honest, a way to discuss the decision-making of our sage overlords. Instead, the takeaway message is always that complex, strategic alliances, necessary for the preservation of those consecrated “national interests,” sometimes make odd bedfellows, but that we should never question their underlying wisdom."
    Paul 3 years 23 weeks ago Web link Westernerd
    I commented in another forum: --------------- Keep in mind that an index like this is an aggregation of factors, not all of which should be considered positive from one's own point of view. For example, the article states, "While the Lone Star State may not be perfect—many leaders would like to see improvements in its education system..." By that one can guess that one measure of "goodness" in this Index is something like per-capita expenditures of tax dollars for "edjookashun" (I have not verified this by examining their model, it's just a guess). Personally I would consider that a negative, not a positive. Businessmen are not consistently pro-freedom.
    Paul 3 years 23 weeks ago Web link Westernerd
    Looks like it is Julia Ward Howe, not Julia Howard Stowe. And disarmament is not a way to peace, either. Anarchy is.
    Paul 3 years 23 weeks ago Page B.R. Merrick
    Good one, B.R. I too enjoyed the movie. My wife has a fondness for what I suppose could be called the "Masterpiece Theatre" genre, angst among the English ruling class. Heaven knows why. But we did see and enjoy the movie. I too have little use for the concept of blame. I've been on forums where assigning blame seems to be the primary activity. It seems a little childish to me.
  • Evan's picture
    Evan 3 years 23 weeks ago Web link Westernerd
    To the tune of Yankee Doodle Dandy: QUILLY WILLY FREE-QUILL by Richard Onley Quilly Willy rode the flag On field of black and yellow. It's time the snake vacated for A more congenial fellow. Quilly Willy, shed the tread! Quilly Willy free-quill, Stick up for the points you make-- All porcs debated e-quill. Quilly Willy stands upon The "DON'T TREAD ON ME" slogan. Pay attention, or you'll get His needles through your brogan Quilly Willy rides the flag's Ebon and amaryllis No room to put his motto From the Latin: Cave quill-us. Quilly Willy went to Gun Church Riding on a scooter Guess it should be no surprise That he's a real sharp-shooter Quilly Willy went to Grafton Riding on a walrus Hoping to swim out to meet The Peaceful Plesiosaurus Quilly Willy, shed the tread! Quilly Willy free-quill If Porc weight doesn't sink the raft The 'pine-spine-punctured leak-will Quilly Willy hied Southwest To meet up with a cactus Both agreed upon the point: To get sharp--better practice! Quilly Willy hates the State, And blushes when admitting That if New Hampshire's President Was Franklin Pierce, that's fitting. He liked the name, but not the fact Pierce was a politician "I'd much prefer that Hawkeye guy-- An honest, brave physician." Quilly Willy told the cops, "Stop pushing and stop shoving. Porcs know that in this sad world, we All needle-little loving."
    Suverans2 3 years 23 weeks ago Web link Michael Kleen
    I do not consent to be a subject of the "Obama Administration", just like I didn't consent to be a subject of the "Bush Administration", just like I didn't consent to be a subject of the "Clinton Administration". Your masters may one day murder me, Michael Kleen, but nevertheless, I DO NOT CONSENT, I DO NOT CONSENT, I DO NOT CONSENT! Actus me invito factus, non est meus actus.
  • Persona non grata's picture
    Persona non grata 3 years 23 weeks ago Web link Michael Kleen
    I propose we levy a tax on every word any politician speaks at federal, state and local levels of the criminal syndicate known as our "government".
  • Michael Kleen's picture
    Michael Kleen 3 years 23 weeks ago Web link Michael Kleen
    I hear what you're saying, but something tells me the Obama Administration won't be persuaded by that argument...
    Natural Law
    Web link Don Stacy
    Your submission has triggered the spam filter and will not be accepted. "The natural law and the positive law are not alternative systems of rules that apply to the same thing. The natural law is the law of natural persons and positive law is a law of artificial persons." ~ Natural Law by Frank van Dun, Ph.D., Dr.Jur. - Senior lecturer Philosophy of Law
    Natural Law
    Web link Don Stacy
    Natural Law by Frank van Dun, Ph.D., Dr.Jur. - Senior lecturer Philosophy of Law. This, in my opinion, is a MUST READ, for sovereign men and women.
    Suverans2 3 years 23 weeks ago Web link Michael Kleen
    "...a plan to tax automobile drivers..." Driver -- One employed in conducting a coach, carriage, wagon, or other vehicle... ~ Bouvier's Law Dictionary, 1914 ed., Pg. 940 [Emphasis and footnote added] I am not a DRIVER since this Sovereign Man is not employed[1] and is not using the highway for business, or for profit. ________________________________________________________________________________ [1] Employed. Performing work under an employer-employee relationship. Term signifies both the act of doing a thing and the being under contract or orders to do it. ~ Black's Law Dictionary, Sixth Edition (c.1991), page 495
    Natural Law
    Web link Don Stacy
    Those who desire to rule over all of the Earth's inhabitants are also determined to extirpate the defenders of the natural law (of man); of which class, regardless of party censure, is THIS AUTHOR. "Nowadays, the study of natural law virtually has been banned from the training of lawyers. What remains of it in the academic curriculum of most law schools is no more than a little bit of 'intellectual history', which is devoted mainly to the works of a handful of ancient, medieval and early modern writers and philosophers. Often, students get the impression that natural law is something that can be found only in books (in the same way that statutory law, the verdicts of courts and international treaties are mere texts). They are led to believe that the natural law is nothing but a collection of theories of natural law. It is not. Nor, of course, is the physical universe nothing but a collection of theories of physics. The practice of natural law also has been eliminated almost completely by the legal profession. Very often, the study and the practice of natural law are scorned if not ridiculed. ...the most important reason for the negative attitude [toward natural law] is that the legal profession has discovered that there is much more money to be made from focusing on highly politicized complex, constantly changing systems of social regulation than it ever could hope to make from the study and practice of natural law." ~ Natural Law by Frank van Dun, Ph.D., Dr.Jur. - Senior lecturer Philosophy of Law. [Emphasis added]
    Glen Allport 3 years 24 weeks ago Page Bob Wallace
    Nice column, Bob. I enjoyed both the information about mythology and its terminology and the psychological analysis -- this last, with most authors, is often teeth-grittingly off the mark IMO, but I think you do a good job here; Alice Miller's work supports much of your analysis strongly. I'm less sure about some of the individual motivations you put forth -- I suspect that E. Howard Hunt was right about LBJ participating in the JFK plot and think it likely that escalating the war after Kennedy was out of the way was always meant to be LBJ's major contribution. Just my guess, of course. In any case, again: I appreciate your effort to educate with this column. One rather embarrasing bit of proof that it's necessary is that I had no idea what your title referred to, until I read the column itself -- Koros and Ate were not in my mental dictionary at all.
  • A Liberal in Lakeview's picture
    A Liberal in La... 3 years 24 weeks ago
    Osama won.
    Web link Michael Dunn
    "...our economy, symbolised by the world trade center" That remark brought to mind the identity of the owners of the WTC and the way that they obtained the land on which it was built. Perhaps one day the Sept. 11 attacks will be regarded by a majority as those attacks should be regarded: As an attack upon a form of communism. The airport, airline, and aircraft industries, too, are rotten and were rotten at the time of attack. Let's see now: (1) Airports: Communistically built, owned, and operated. (2) Airlines: Subsidized indirectly through the airports. (3) Commercial Jet Aircraft: Subsidized by the government through militarism. The research and development needed to design large aircraft and jet engines has always been subsidized by military spending. Other overhead expenses such as construction plants were paid wholly or in part by military spending at the beginning of the jet age, and since that time the basic arrangement has remained in place. Some of the benefits of this subsidization are enjoyed by the airlines, too. And what about the Pentagon? How does that palace of imperial aggression not count as proof of communism and government monopoly in defense services? Since it and its activities are subsidized by extorted wealth, it stands to reason that Americans are getting far more defense service than would be provided in the case of laissez faire. Still worse, the military power is employed for aggression, too, and resistance to the aggression is deemed criminal. The outlandish amount of spending is therefore mostly wasteful and tends to divert an enourmous amount of capital from savings and investment that would have been possible in the absence of the militarism. I don't know if OBL understood how the American economy works. If he did, then he deserves a little respect for helping to carry out the attacks in the manner that he did. After all, main street was not attacked, at least not until the taxgatherers, all of them Americans, showed up to compel main streeters to pay for the response by the military and domestic police forces. If only the IRS, too, had been attacked on Sept. 11, events might have played out a little bit better during the past nine and 2/3 years. The fact that the IRS was not attacked leads me to suspect that OBL was much less interested in fighting evil than he was in helping Muslims to posture as victims. Still, it remains true that communism was attacked on Sept. 11, and this fact should be repeated ad nauseum until the conservatives yield to the truth and correct their bad behavior in support of communism.
    rita 3 years 24 weeks ago
    In Rwanda Today
    Web link Michael Dunn
    There's a lesson here; that is, if Americans could learn anything from brown-skinned foreigners.
  • B.R. Merrick's picture
    B.R. Merrick 3 years 24 weeks ago Page Michael Kleen
    It doesn't seem to me that cops are anything like they used to be. Many of these guys are now younger than I am, growing up in broken homes with no fathers, subjected to 12 years of indoctrination and an increasingly rotten popular culture. They apparently have a lot to be angry about, and now the state has given them guns to play with. Not a good development, if my premises are correct.
  • Lawrence M. Ludlow's picture
    Lawrence M. Ludlow 3 years 24 weeks ago Page Lawrence M. Ludlow
    Glen, I'll certainly start using your image. L
  • Scott Lazarowitz's picture
    Scott Lazarowitz 3 years 24 weeks ago Page Michael Kleen
    Thanks for the video link, Michael. The guy being interviewed, Julio, stated that the students had the permission of local police to hold a block party, and sounded as though the police were planning their "intervention" from the very beginning, implying that the whole "riot" was provoked by the "authorities." Just another example of why the peace and "order" of local neighborhoods needs to be decentralized, and, especially, why the government's monopoly of "policing" needs to be removed.
  • AtlasAikido's picture
    AtlasAikido 3 years 24 weeks ago Page Bob Wallace
    Mr. Wallace continues... When called out on his "intellectual dishonesty" he asserts: "[a]fraid not" And continues with assumptions and religious projections... The Lefties he speaks to have been "Warring" UNsuccessfully to smear Ayn Rand as a "socialist" and hippocrite for some time. Is he at the same time conflating Rand with the Lefties that have tried to smear her? It makes no sense. These two things remind of what? Tom Woods Is Interviewed by a Zombie Recently by Thomas E. Woods, Jr.: http://www.lewrockwell.com/woods/woods145.html And It’s Ayn Rand Bashing Time, Once Again by Walter Block http://www.lewrockwell.com/block/block172.html
  • A Liberal in Lakeview's picture
    A Liberal in La... 3 years 24 weeks ago Web link Don Stacy
    This is an outrage. An oily, malevolent, self-aggrandizing, narcissistic martyr, the king of all Jews, has been denied his will to commit premeditated suicide by Sanhedrin and by Roman cop. And now the Roman government has another excuse to extort more wealth from the public, since the cell block must be staffed and maintained, and the oily bleeding heart, fed. McElroy sure does have a keen eye for good segues, though. It's not hard to imagine what the provinces of the USA would become if the noxious vine in the DC were killed. Take "Constitution for the State of Illinois", for example. Its preamble is not only brazenly theorcratic but also nanny statist. There we have two licenses for charging dissidents with terrorism. The preamble isn't specifically Christian, however. So you gotta hand it to the theorcrats of the competing Abrahamic cults; they know how far to push the envelope without dividing theirselves against each other more than they already are. Still, the Illinoisan constitution needs to have the nonsense removed so that the ground will be better prepared for the killing of the Columbian vine. See "1970 ILLINOIS CONSTITUTION ANNOTATED FOR LEGISLATORS". http://www.ilga.gov/commission/lru/ILConstitution.pdf "Yet Tucker had no quarrel with religion as a personal, voluntary code of morality. " Judaism sure doesn't fit the criteria of personal and voluntary, and neither does Christianity. Perhaps Tucker was aware of this fact, as would have been even more prudent in his day than in our own. "Those involved in the mock trial of Jesus offered him a reduced sentence for speaking the truth." Jesus v. the Sanhedrin and the Roman government is a little like the anarcho-communists, so called, v. government. Those commies dream of sweeping away the present order and then setting up their own tyranny in its place. Thus do they have a flag that's black along the leading edge of the hoist and red at the trailing edge of the fly. Clever, clever commies. Still so clever, as were Jesus, his Rock, and that murderous knave, Saul. Note well how Wendy returned to her original point of departure at the end of her essay. It's a sign of a thoughtful writer.
    Glen Allport 3 years 24 weeks ago Page Lawrence M. Ludlow
    Thanks for highlighting both the cafe and the upcoming event. I lived in SD for years and still have friends and family there, so it's good to know the libertarian streak that has long been embedded in the area is thriving. (Richard Rider, big-L Libertarian who ran a good campaign for San Diego mayor a few years ago, actually managed to get an illegal increase in the CA state sales tax REVERSED via the courts back in the previous millennium). On the idea of a symbol for the movement, I commissioned the one you see above this comment recently. I'm placing it (and several variations, with and without text) in the public domain and would love to see its use spread among those who believe that liberty cannot flourish (or long survive) without a widespread sense of compassion and connection in society. Likewise, love cannot survive without freedom; tyranny is always toxic to love and compassion.
  • B.R. Merrick's picture
    B.R. Merrick 3 years 24 weeks ago Page Bob Wallace
    The religion of objectivism is one of the least intrusive and coercive religions I have ever encountered, then. The gods in charge of it seem far more preocuppied with their own interests than mine. That's okay by me. I also have no problem with the "hell" Rand described. That's what government intervention does. It creates hell on earth: "Murder, chaos, destruction." I'd rather live in a "heaven" like Galt's Gulch, where people build society because they enjoy it. I don't think that's anything like fascism, which is where favored corporations heavily regulated by a government feed us a pretend free market and mollify us. Again, I agree that some of Rand's premises were false, and I enjoyed Ludlow's jab at her writing style (very, very funny), but I'm not getting the connection with fascism.
  • Robert Wallace's picture
    Robert Wallace 3 years 24 weeks ago Page Bob Wallace
    "This is an easily falsified statement" 'Fraid not. Objectivism is not a philosophy but a religion: Galt's Gulch: Heaven with gods; outside: Hell with demons. What would happen in Rand's fictional Hell? Murder, chaos, destruction.
  • Robert Wallace's picture
    Robert Wallace 3 years 24 weeks ago Page Bob Wallace
    Rand was more of a leftist than a rightist. Her belief in an Oakshottian rationalism, her belief in political messiahs, her attempts to overthrow all tradition, her vicious hatred of all religion...pure leftism. By the way, Objectivism is a religion. Galt's Gulch: Heaven with gods. Outside Galt's Gulch: hell with demons.
  • B.R. Merrick's picture
    B.R. Merrick 3 years 24 weeks ago Page Lawrence M. Ludlow
    My God. Rand is back! :)
  • B.R. Merrick's picture
    B.R. Merrick 3 years 24 weeks ago Page Michael Kleen
    I wouldn't say "predestinated." I would say "predisposed." It's about forming habits, which we all do. Sometimes to fix a "bad" habit, one needs to look more closely at what happened in early life, so that one can find out where the internal lying started. I know I taught myself a few whoppers. Perhaps "lying" is too strong a word, because I don't think people intend to lie to themselves, but there is some refusal to look at the truth. "Falsehoods" is perhaps a better word.