WhiteIndian 4 years 23 weeks ago Page Alex Schroeder
    "Liberty" is the bait; the aggression necessary to maintain the agricultural city-Statist system of privation property and whatever it takes to keep wealth and power flowing up the hierarchical pyramid to higher, tighter, and righter hands is the core of libertarianism. As John Scalzi brilliantly quips: Libertarians secretly worried that ultimately someone will figure out the whole of their political philosophy boils down to “Get Off My Property.” News flash: This is not really a big secret to the rest of us. I Hate Your Politics March 22, 2002 http://whatever.scalzi.com/2002/03/22/i-hate-your-politics/ Don't feel picked-on, he skewers all politics. As I've said before, all agricultural city-Statism (civilization) politics are nearly equally horrid solutions to living in a man-made prison.
    Samarami 4 years 23 weeks ago Page Alex Schroeder
    Indian: Libertarianism is an unfree bait-and-switch swindle. As I so often respond (to ignorance): "That's a heavy load to carry!" Sam
    WhiteIndian 4 years 23 weeks ago Web link Guest
    Congratulations! Keep that Civilization Syndrome* at bay. I've had good luck improving my health with the help of the Weston A. Price foundation, which gives the above reviewed book Primal Blueprint a thumbs up.** ____________________ * Björntorp P. (1993) Visceral obesity: a "civilization syndrome". Obes Res 1(3):206-22. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16350574 ** The Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson Wise Traditions in Food, Farming and the Healing Arts (the quarterly magazine of the Weston A. Price Foundation) Winter 2010 http://www.westonaprice.org/thumbs-up-reviews/the-primal-blueprint-by-ma...
  • lazyspaceman's picture
    lazyspaceman 4 years 23 weeks ago Web link Guest
    I started on Jan 9th, weighing 260 pounds (age 47) that day, up from 185 when I got married six years ago. This morning (Jan 20) I tipped the scales at 250 on my way back to the 185! I too feel much better - more energy, sleeping better and less aches and pains. It's tough to cut out the grains for me since I work in a brewery as the head brewer but I've done pretty well, only two beers since I started the Primal Blueprint. I highly recommend this book to anyone who needs to lose weight or get back in shape, it's easy and you don't feel deprived or hungry.
    WhiteIndian 4 years 23 weeks ago Page Alex Schroeder
    Ah, the Internets as personal Savior. Can't be saved without accepting a dial-up connection to God. I'd be even holier with a T3 line to discover Ron Paul's plan for my life. And I'll be careful to not fall for the Calvinist-Communist heresy, one must be pure Arminian-Austrian to be accepted into the Pearly Gates of Libertopia. And I'm encouraged to read the good words of approved Scriptures. And accept the Invisible Hand's carefully worded Covenant of Unanimous Christos with his Chosen Ones. Whew! Ya know, I've heard this logos spiel before: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~John 1:1
    WhiteIndian 4 years 23 weeks ago Page Alex Schroeder
    It's not logical to accept as "axiomatic" premises that have been debunked by empirical data. Yet you evade observation, and hide behind your silly denouncement of Positivism. I'm no positivist; but neither do I reject science and sensory experience. When you make a claim in the realm of the observable, and declare something about the observable as "axiomatic," and your axiom is weighted in the balance and found wanting, you should be willing to check your premises.
    AtlasAikido 4 years 23 weeks ago Page Alex Schroeder
    Not as in belief that is unreasoning "faith"/"dogma" but as in logical understanding.... Substitute "Believe" with "As best as I can tell"... "Yeah you know" I get that...
    WhiteIndian 4 years 23 weeks ago Page Alex Schroeder
    "I believe." Yeah, I know.
    AtlasAikido 4 years 23 weeks ago Page Alex Schroeder
    The Long answer: ~There was NO Internet Reformation in the data--Signs of distress: 1400-0 B.C.E. And Signs of distress: 0-1200 C.E--you supply nor a Ron Paul nor an awakened population. The data factors have changed. The Austrian School/Libertarians are not as blind as you presume and conflate with Communist true believers. ~Ron Paul foresaw that the wars would be accompanied by the growth of military and police powers along with the erosion of our civil liberties. ~Having studied central banking and applied the insights of great economist like Mises, Ron Paul has described both in advance and in detail the cycle of bubbles and busts *the Federal Reserve* has plagued us with. http://lewrockwell.com/goyette/goyette23.1.html The short answer: ~If you are stating that it makes more sense to let a fascist system collapse instead of letting it revive and re-live as mini-statism then that is a different matter. If the population has not seen enough of the light such as ideas in Market For Liberty by Tannehill or The Austrian School/Libertarians or the Most Dangerous Superstition by l. Rose then the struggle will have to be begun again anyway. Shortest answer: Much rides on the education part and to what extent individuals are free in their thinking. As best as I can tell. But even that is too much outside my control. I can only fall back to Harry Browne and the Covenant of Unanimous Consent--What I control myself.
    AtlasAikido 4 years 23 weeks ago Page Alex Schroeder
    I believe I covered a summary of the issues here with a brief long, short and shortest answer... http://www.strike-the-root.com/bureaucratization-of-airport-security#com...
    WhiteIndian 4 years 23 weeks ago Page Alex Schroeder
    Yours is a thinly-secularized modern Salvationist rhetoric. "You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid." ~Jesus [verse 17, chapter 2, The Jefferson Bible] On Salvationism movements, the following excerpt is enlightening: Signs of distress: 1400-0 B.C.E. But new signs of distress appeared in this period that were far more relevant to our purpose here tonight. For the first time in history, people were beginning to suspect that something fundamentally wrong was going on here. For the first time in history, people were beginning to feel empty, were beginning to feel that their lives were not amounting to enough, were beginning to wonder if this is all there is to life, were beginning to hanker after something vaguely more. For the first time in history, people began listening to religious teachers who promised them salvation. It’s impossible to overstate the novelty of this idea of salvation. Religion had been around in our culture for thousands of years, of course, but it had never been about salvation as we understand it... Judaism, Brahmanism, Hinduism, Shintoism, and Buddhism all came into being during this period and had no existence before it. Quite suddenly, after six thousand years of totalitarian agriculture and civilization building, the people of our culture — East and West, twins of a single birth — were beginning to wonder if their lives made sense, were beginning to perceive a void in themselves that economic success and civil esteem could not fill, were beginning to imagine that something was profoundly, even innately, wrong with them. Signs of distress: 0-1200 C.E. ...The human condition is what it is, and no amount of effort on your part will change that; it’s not within your power to save your people, your friends, your parents, your children, or your spouse, but there is one person (and only one) you can save, and that’s you. Nobody can save you but you, and there’s nobody you can save but yourself. You can carry the word to others and they can carry the word to you, but it never comes down to anything but this, whether it’s Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, Christianity, or Islam: Nobody can save you but you, and there’s nobody you can save but yourself. Salvation is of course the most wonderful thing you can achieve in your life — and you not only don’t have to share it, it isn’t even possible to share it. As far as these religions have it worked out, if you fail of salvation, then your failure is complete, whether others succeed or not. On the other hand, if you find salvation, then your success is complete again, whether others succeed or not. Ultimately, as these religions have it, if you’re saved, then literally nothing else in the entire universe matters. Your salvation is what matters. Nothing else not even my salvation (except of course, to me). This was a new vision of what counts in the world. Forget the boiling, forget the pain. Nothing matters but you and your salvation... THE BOILING FROG by Daniel Quinn Excerpt from the book, “The Story of B” http://www.oilcrash.com/articles/frog.htm
    WhiteIndian 4 years 23 weeks ago Page Alex Schroeder
    Libertarianism is an unfree bait-and-switch swindle. While holding forth the bait of liberty and freedom, it mostly promotes agricultural city-Statism, while claiming it can somehow tame the Statism part. It can't. Yours isn't the only swindle out there. Communism does exactly the same thing: promotes agricultural city-Statism, while claiming it can somehow tame the Statism part. It can't either.
    AtlasAikido 4 years 23 weeks ago Page Alex Schroeder
    How can "WE" *never* be free when you EVIDENTLY freed yourself from the so-called *"blood soaked whitewashing" of UNFREE "libertarianism"*? By merely "checking [your] premises'. Absurdity indeed!
    AtlasAikido 4 years 23 weeks ago Page Alex Schroeder
    "Freedom of Movement" is a classic measure of freedom. Sounds like "libertarianism" to me, yet you've "been a libertarian for years, until [you] started checking your premises". Must be more "muddying" of the water on your part. Oh well....tis the ways of a self professed Randoid.
    AtlasAikido 4 years 23 weeks ago Page Alex Schroeder
    To those who claim "WE" can *never* be free and yet EVIDENTLY freed itself from the so-called "blood soaked whitewashing" of UNFREE "libertarianism". A walking reductio ad absurdem indeed!
    AtlasAikido 4 years 23 weeks ago Page Alex Schroeder
    If there is violence before the light then the struggle will have to be begun again. But the internet revolution/reformation and Ron Paul have made that moot. At the same time there are no guarantees that enough light has spread. How could there be? (Rhetorical)
    WhiteIndian 4 years 23 weeks ago Page Alex Schroeder
    Freedom of Non-Movement? LOL! Now free yourself of oxymorons. "You are now free to not move about the country" just isn't the best jingle to sell your ideology in the free market of ideas to, say, a traveling salesman.
    AtlasAikido 4 years 23 weeks ago Page Alex Schroeder
    As Paul eloquently states: stop using airlines. This is as libertarian Harry Browne points out something called self-rule, self-control (anarchy): A Direct Alternative that does not need one to wait for the UNFREE to become free. BTW funny how the very same that criticize the growth of the Box Trap prison that it lives in, has EVIDENTLY freed itself from the very "libertarianism" that set me and others free--such as Harry Browne's.
    WhiteIndian 4 years 23 weeks ago Page Alex Schroeder
    Rebellion, a r3VOLution, a "war for freedom" may be inevitable, but it will result in "Meet the New Boss, Same Old Boss." I guarantee it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_revolutions_and_rebellions
    AtlasAikido 4 years 23 weeks ago
    Natural Law
    Web link Don Stacy
    Reference: http://www.strike-the-root.com/liberty-stability#comment-4968
    AtlasAikido 4 years 23 weeks ago
    Liberty Stability
    Page Jim Davies
    Thank you, Jim Davies, I have enjoyed your work for many years. One troll famously tried to infiltrate a mensa group; the results read like 100 trolls and one regular, it didn't have a chance - but it was stupid enough to persist until removed. Usually, yes they are harmless though fractured funny bones and occasional waves of nausea may have been reported. I don't discount that it vanished and arrived here from Troll Island--drivel intact--at about the same time attention and criticism of Ron Paul, Austrian economics and libertarians surfaced.
  • painkilleraz's picture
    painkilleraz 4 years 23 weeks ago Web link Sharon Secor
    Though I am not a promoter of the fantasy that is state defined rights, much preferring the approach that I am who I am and by following the NAP/harm approach I can live peacefully with my neighbors. I do promote photographing/videoing the drones of the state and would suggest all who embrace the tenants of liberty also do so whenever possible.
    Paul 4 years 23 weeks ago Page Alex Schroeder
    "What is the solution? The solution is the privatization of security so the market mechanism can function to both ensure our safety and respect our rights." Sorry, that's not a solution. That's you wishing other people would fix it for you. Now we are back to lobbying the ruling class to be reasonable. Good luck with that. Why in the world would the ruling class give up on TSA? They have precisely zero incentive to do so. TSA is extremely valuable to them. A solution is something that fixes a problem. Right now. That solution is available: stop using airlines. As to TSA extending into the business of roadblocks and so forth, where there is no longer any alternative that will allow travellers to avoid their predations - well, I expect war will result. And then we will be rid of TSA for good.
    Samarami 4 years 23 weeks ago Web link Sharon Secor
    Indian, I get the feeling at times that you feel a lot like I feel: like I'm "prophesying to the wind", as Ezekiel is reported to have been instructed in the famous "dry bones" story in Ezekiel 37:9 of the Hebrew book. Not only are we preaching to the wind, but unlike the dry bones story the skeletons just lie here -- no sinews and flesh appearing upon these bones, fer sure fer sure! And whatda we get for our efforts? Anger. Ignorance (in the sense of ignoring our preaching, not in the "stupidity" sense it is often used). "...Troll...!" And although you and I preach from the same side of the coin, we're often at opposite edges of that same coin. Example -- Jim Davies had the best essay covering reification of state I've seen: http://www.strike-the-root.com/wheres-state. His article reinforced my doctrine that if "we" use terms such as "the government" and "the state" as though they were living, breathing entities we defuse our own arguments by lending legitimacy to the agents who make up those organizations. This idea does not originate with me. I suggest interested individuals read Delmar England's "Insanity as the Social Norm": http://www.anarchism.net/anarchism_insanityasthesocialnorm.htm As to this video, I agree totally with Sharon Secor and the gist of the message -- these dangerously armed asses in state costumes need to have their terrorism exposed. I applaud those with the cojones to film the bullying, even when threatened with "arrest" (and very likely being mugged and seriously injured by the dumb jerks). It sounds like voice of "Judge" Andrew Napolitano at the beginning, however, who laments, "...but while government loves keeping an eye on us, it hates it when we keep an eye on it!..." I submit this is a classic reification that absolves the perpetrators of their crimes by the use of the terms, "the government" and "it". Sam
    WhiteIndian 4 years 23 weeks ago Web link Sharon Secor
    Best prison song this side of Johnny Cash... Tom Snider | Prison Walls http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkdR4PKV1AI [ http://www.toddsniderlive.com ]
    WhiteIndian 4 years 23 weeks ago Web link Sharon Secor
    The POLIS' Privation Property owners, the POLI, want the POLICe to have nightsticks, tazers, pepper spray, and military garb to guard and maintain property values and profits. POLIS (City-State) gonna have its POLICe, every single century of agricultural city-Statism (civilization.) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police#Ancient_world You might peruse what happens to property and profits when there are no police. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Police_Strike I've been told a dozen times here on STR that the civilization [POLIS or city-Statism] is here to stay, and there is "no going back" to a Non-State society where people are "autonomous and sovereign" individuals "who bow to no external political leaders." [i.e., POLICe.] Now don't get angry, but I'm going to tell you: civilization [POLIS or city-Statism] is here to stay, and there is no going back to a Non-State society where people are "autonomous and sovereign" individuals "who bow to no external political leaders." [i.e., POLICe.]
    Suverans2 4 years 23 weeks ago Web link Sharon Secor
    THE AGENDA 21 DEATH MAP and the UNited States of America To enlarge this map for easier viewing: Hold down your "ctrl" [control] key while hitting the "+" key (over on your number pad).
    WhiteIndian 4 years 23 weeks ago Web link Sharon Secor
    First, do you have any evidence that http://rewild.info/ has anything to do with the UN!?!? Good lord, your extreme paranoia is really funny! Especially coming from you, the oh-my-god-it's-LIBEL Drama Queen. Hey, I DEMAND a JURY! lol! Anyway, you reveal yourself as a bald-faced liar today. You're pathetic. Second, "Barbedwiresmile" vacuously conflates primitive society with people who "farm and raise livestock...life of work and sweat." Wow! In reality, foraging and agriculture are about as opposite as opposites can get. Foragers aren't much interested in working hard, which is why White Invaders referred to the Indians as "lazy." To be that dull-witted takes a level of stupidity I can barely fathom. Third, the critique of city-Statism (civilization) isn't necessarily advocating primitivism. It's just an honest accounting of where we were and how we got here, and dispenses with the Hobbesian mythology that million of years of human history were "nasty, brutish, and short" and calling into question the Abrahamic skygod hierarchy of Gen. 1:26.
    WhiteIndian 4 years 23 weeks ago Web link Sharon Secor
    Anecdotal accounts of prohibitions against maternal alcohol use from Biblical, ancient Greek, and ancient Roman sources imply a historical awareness of links between maternal alcohol use and negative child outcomes. [31] [31] Jones, K.L., & Smith, D.W. (1973). Recognition of the fetal alcohol syndrome in early infancy. Lancet, 2, 999–1001. PMID 4127281 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fetal_alcohol_syndrome#Historical_references
    Suverans2 4 years 23 weeks ago Web link Sharon Secor
    "The Rewilding Project is brought to us from the United Nations. A relevant tentacle of Agenda 21..." But, I repeat myself. "Funny how those who attack agriculture as unhealthy or unsustainable have never had to produce their own food. Funny too how those who would advocate some variant of “rewilding” or launch a grand critique of civilization are often those who live an indoor life of academics and philosophy. I respect any who criticize the modern state and modern systems of soft-fascism and statism. However, I would invite you to live off the land, to farm and raise livestock and split wood for your fire. To work with your hands mending and repairing and preserving. To live and work with sympathy for the land and its product while understanding and appreciating its fruits and gifts. When you have lived this life of work and sweat and self-sufficient satisfaction, you will appreciate freedom no less, you may be no less anti-statist, but you will have a better perspective on the fine lines between the modern state (and all of its evils) and the concept of “civilization”, without which most (if not all) commenting on this site would quickly die a miserable death of starvation and exposure. In other words, try walking the walk before you talk the talk. To do less is to appear as intellectually dishonest in advocating for us all a road that you yourself have not yet traveled." Comment by Barbedwiresmile — 17 June 2009 @ 9:22 AM
    Jim Davies 4 years 23 weeks ago
    Liberty Stability
    Page Jim Davies
    Thank you, AtlasAikido, for your excellent observation, above, about trolls. I have come very close to meeting trolls. I know a certain island, in a certain lake, which has a whole family of them, and if you land and explore they will hide behind big rocks and slip from one to another while you're not looking. These are harmless creatures, though scary to small children unless held by the hand. I don't know whether they regard themselves as self-owning, or not, but I fancy they do. They are smart enough never, ever, to be pinned down to a straight answer to a straight question, and of course they never allow anyone actually to see them; they have an uncanny ability to vanish when on the cusp of being caught. The purpose of their lives is to have fun and make mischief, but these real ones never cause damage and they have a much keener sense of humor than their imitators. They pass their time, when human explorers are not around, by telling each other fables and fairy tales - of which they have an inexhaustible supply. At http://www.theanarchistalternative.info/zgb/BB2.JPG you can see a photo I took of Troll Island, a few years ago. Of course, no troll is visible.
    WhiteIndian 4 years 23 weeks ago Page Alex Schroeder
    No need for paranoid conspiracy theory, Atlas; I've been a libertarian for years, until I started checking my premises. BTW, the city-Statist system of privation property to restrict the free movement of Non-state families from foraging is central planning, no matter how much you deny it. Unless you call divvying up the pillaged Land from the Trail of tears amongst the grasping agricultural city-Statist thieves and genocidalists a "free market." Oh right, you do. So you're just as much of a dishonest agricultural city-Statist as Krugman, whitewashing the aggression necessary for your political ideology. But the blood still soaks through your whitewash job, Atlas.
    WhiteIndian 4 years 23 weeks ago Page Glen Allport
    It's not anarchy. Anarchist falsely claim anarchy where there is none, such as in the American West during the brutally aggressive agricultural city-Statist invasion and genocide. Unless you want to call a holocaust anarchist. The roofing industry here is still operating under the the territorial monopoly of force called government. If you don't think so, try driving to get more roofing nails without a license plate on the company vehicle, or just offer a free bag of pot for every roofing job. And last I knew, roofers were still using the established government court system to settle disputes. Oh, right, now they do "give a rat's ass."
    AtlasAikido 4 years 23 weeks ago Page Alex Schroeder
    So this what you know who is doing here. It all makes sense now: In recent years and months, both Austrian economics and libertarianism have received increased attention and criticism. The more recent attention is probably in part due to Ron Paul’s visibility and his publicizing both types of ideas. I suppose it’s a good sign that they are no longer ignoring us. Now they feel compelled to respond. But it would be nice if they didn’t misrepresent and distort our views. But since both libertarianism and Austrian economics are sound and grounded in reason and reality, I guess that’s all that left to them. Otherwise they’d have to concede defeat. And truth and justice have never really been the raison d’êtres of the mainstream power class, have they? the attacks on Austrian economics come from both “left” economics (Keynes, Krugman), since its teachings undermine their arguments for statist central planning; and from “right” economics (monetarists, Milton Friedman), as it shows how unscientific and confused is their scientism and monism and physics-aping methodology. The attacks on libertarianism likewise come from left and right and other mainstreamer/academic statists. For examples:... http://www.libertarianstandard.com/2012/01/17/the-disingenuous-liberty-i...
    AtlasAikido 4 years 23 weeks ago Page Glen Allport
    Is Free-Market Anarchism Unworkable? Not in America’s Roofing Industry http://www.lewrockwell.com/crovelli/crovelli63.1.html
    WhiteIndian 4 years 23 weeks ago Page Glen Allport
    P.S. Privation Property = FORCE. Our system of private property in land FORCES landless men to work for others; to work in factories, stores, and offices, whether they like it or not. Wherever access to land is free, men work only to provide what they actually need or desire. Wherever the white man has come in contact with savage cultures this fact becomes apparent. There is for savages in their native state no such sharp distinction between "work" and "not working" as clocks and factory whistles have accustomed the white man to accept. They cannot be made to work regularly at repetitive tasks in which they have no direct interest except by some sort of duress. Disestablishment from land, like slavery, is a form of DURESS. The white man, where slavery cannot be practiced, has found that he must first disestablish the savages from their land before he can force them to work steadily for him. Once they are disestablished, they are in effect STARVED into working for him and into working as he directs. ~Dr. Ralph Borsodi This Ugly Civilization Simon & Schuster, 1929 http://www.schoolofliving.org/Borsodi/This_Ugly_Civilization.pdf Agricultural Civilization--including both capitalist and communist--is a long Trail of Tears.
    WhiteIndian 4 years 23 weeks ago Page Glen Allport
    TANSTAAFL is an agricultural city-Statist bromide. Before agricultural city-Statism, there was such a thing as a free lunch. Yep, for 99% of human history. Just go out a couple hours a day and gather up some nuts. Just that easy. For free. No hard labor, no working for The Man, no slaving for money. Despite a low annual rainfall (6 to 10 inches), Lee found in the Dobe area a "surprising abundance of vegetation". Food resources were "both varied and abundant", particularly the energy rich mangetti nut- "so abundant that millions of the nuts rotted on the ground each year for want of picking..." Interesting that the Hazda, tutored by life and not by anthropology, reject the neolithic revolution in order to keep their leisure. Although surrounded by cultivators, they have until recently refused to take up agriculture themselves, "mainly on the grounds that this would involve too much hard work". In this they are like the Bushmen, who respond to the neolithic question with another: "Why should we plant, when there are so many mongomongo nuts in the world?" The Original Affluent Society Stone Age Economics Marshall Sahlins, Professor of Anthropology Emeritus, University of Chicago http://www.primitivism.com/original-affluent.htm P.S. You haven't read much "Austrian" economics if you haven't heard that an employee transfers ownership of his life, in part, to an employer. Better read up. Misean "scholar" Walter Block even defends selling oneself into a "voluntary slavery," complete with sadistically whipping such human property.
    AtlasAikido 4 years 23 weeks ago Page Glen Allport
    TNSTAFL...As to the owning of others I see no evidence of that with the writings of glen, jim, paul, livingfreeretiree, suverans2 etc.....I see no one on this agorist anarchy indomitus site who is forcing you to transfer your ownership of yourself.
    Suverans2 4 years 23 weeks ago Web link Don Stacy
    G'day Lawrence M. Ludlow: I apologize for apparently not addressing your points. And, I can't imagine not applying the labels "natural" and "unnatural" to "something like this". I don't presume that nature even has a "mind", let alone knowing it. Thus, I would have to ask, why on Earth did you say "we anthropomorphize Nature"? Unless you are calling this statement of mine, "...nature's response to overpopulation", attributing human shape or characteristics to nature. If so, I apologize for the miscommunication, because that was certainly not my intent. I was alluding to a study, many years back, concerning rats in a grain silo. While the silo was full the rats acted "naturally", i.e. peacefully, heterosexually, etc.--the way rats "normally" act towards one another--except for hyper-reproduction, because of an overabundance of food. As they began taking grain out of the silo the rats began murdering each other and homosexuality became prevalent. The rats, I would venture, didn't hold a meeting and decide to change their behavior; it was, rather, "nature's response to overpopulation". And, just for the record, I have neither fear of, nor hatred for, homosexuals. Someone here has advised me to just let "sleeping dogs lie", and so this may be my last comment on this subject.
    WhiteIndian 4 years 23 weeks ago Page Glen Allport
    If "ownership" of your own self must be transferred—via wage or voluntary or chattel slavery—to the owners of earth's resources in exchange for food or tokens for food and resources to survive in a society, that kind of negates the "self" part. (Except in libertarian economic la la land.) Libertarianism is all about "Thou Shalt Own Thy Neighbor as Thyself" -- even if it's just for only the most productive part of your neighbor's day. Hell, wage slavery more profitable for the owner class than having chattel slaves who have to be fussed over and cared for 24/7. Privatize gains, socialize costs. Then bitch about the socialized costs. Neat little swindle ya'll got goin' there.
    AtlasAikido 4 years 23 weeks ago Page Glen Allport
    Bait and switch (con game) is arguing points that don't pertain to this site and not addressing the issue of Reclaiming Self-Ownership. Liberty Stability http://www.strike-the-root.com/liberty-stability#comment-4968
    AtlasAikido 4 years 23 weeks ago
    Liberty Stability
    Page Jim Davies
    It's not that hard to present the issues of axioms, self-ownership/property, the agora, (and every living thing) in two short paragraphs for all to see with a supporting link. I just did it (in the prior post). The only herding going on here has been from you know who!
    WhiteIndian 4 years 23 weeks ago
    Liberty Stability
    Page Jim Davies
    Herding the faithful like a Soviet political officer. Think this. Do that. Identify enemies of the city-State. Da, comrade.
    WhiteIndian 4 years 23 weeks ago Page Glen Allport
    Are humans to be "consumed, sold, rented, mortgaged, transferred, exchanged or destroyed?" Because that's what owners do with mere property. Therein lies the bait-and-switch con-game of libertarianism, as identified by Robert Locke in his 2005 article Marxism of the Right: "Like Marxism, it aspires, overtly or covertly, to reduce social life to economics."
    AtlasAikido 4 years 23 weeks ago
    Liberty Stability
    Page Jim Davies
    A lesson to be drawn? Don't drop the articles and links dear reader. I try to read those first and come to my own conclusions before addressing the comments, especially if there is a "troll"/"vandal" lurking. At some point good people will be driven off because they will give up reading and sorting thru the non-sequiters. Technical tweaks may also help. On Reddit, votes on your comments don't affect your karma score, but they do on Mises.org. And it does seem to influence people when they can see their reputation in the eyes of their peers drain away....
    WhiteIndian 4 years 23 weeks ago
    Liberty Stability
    Page Jim Davies
    Agorism is another city-Statist con-game. What is the agora? "...a central spot in ancient Greek city-STATES...free-born male land-owners who were citizens would gather in the Agora for MILITARY DUTY or to hear statements of the RULING KING or council..." Of course, "later" in this prison of agricultural city-Statism, the wardens allowed some shops to sell cigarettes and trinkets among the prisoners, and agorists consider such as the ultimate freedom, especially if they can get rich off the city-Statist prison arrangement.
    AtlasAikido 4 years 23 weeks ago Page Glen Allport
    Who needs enemies with the kind of help? Getting back to the issues of self-ownership as they relate to this article and Jim Davies: "Liberty Stability" http://www.strike-the-root.com/liberty-stability#comment-4959
    WhiteIndian 4 years 23 weeks ago
    Liberty Stability
    Page Jim Davies
    I post 2 scientific text titles, just the references to the information in my post, and you throw a conniption, implying I don't have an original thought, even though all of the post but the references titles were my own words. Now you cut'n'past a wall'o'text. I don't really care if you do that or not, but what's up with your fetish for contradiction?
    AtlasAikido 4 years 23 weeks ago
    Liberty Stability
    Page Jim Davies
    For those actually interested "On Reclaiming Self-Ownership" without waiting for the rest of the world and every living thing... http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig/shaffer10.html by Butler Shaffer "On what basis does another...presume to rule you?," Butler Shaffer rephrased the question. This question took us into a discussion of the subject of "authority." During the course of this discussion, a young man began to ask a series of questions: "But how else are we going to live, if we don’t follow others [i.e., authorities]?" "Do you understand how allowing others to direct your thinking and your actions produces conflict within yourself?", I asked. "Yes, I think so," the young man responded. "Would you like to learn how to live your life in a more self-directed way, without relying on ‘authorities’ to tell you how to do so?", I inquired. "Yes," my student answered. "How will you find out?", I asked. "By asking you," he replied. "Let me make certain I understand you: are you saying that you are now aware of how you have allowed others to control your thinking and actions by accepting these people as ‘authorities’ over you?" "Yes," he responded. "And now you are asking me to tell you how to stop living this way and take control over your own life? Can I make you a self-directed person?" There was a long silence, during which one could almost see what was going on in this man’s mind. Finally he declared: "I guess this means that it’s up to each one of us, doesn’t it?" "Do you need me to answer this question for you?", I asked. "No," my student answered. In the final analysis, I can do no more than respond with one of my favorite quotes, authored by one of the best minds in all of libertarian thinking, F.A. Harper, who said: "the man who knows what freedom means will find a way to be free." PS If *I* want [choose] to understand the above, I need to go thru the entire process in my own mind. Others can provide me assistance--*just as Rand has for me*--but it is I that must volitionally CHOOSE (or evade) to address this issue (by raising MY level of awareness to a state of full rationality) and then, via MY reason and use of logic, I must rationally CHOOSE what the alternatives are and which are true and which are false.
    AtlasAikido 4 years 23 weeks ago
    Liberty Stability
    Page Jim Davies
    ..."if they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about answers." Our world is in the mess it is in today because most of us have internalized the fine art of asking the wrong questions. Contrary to the thinking that would have us believe that the conflict, violence, tyranny, and destructiveness that permeates modern society is the result of "bad" or "hateful" people, disparities in wealth, or lack of education, all of our social problems are the direct consequence of a general failure to respect the inviolability of one another’s property interests! ...Property" is not simply some social invention, like Emily Post’s guide to etiquette, but a way of describing conditions that are essential to all living things. Every living thing must occupy space and consume energy from outside itself if it is to survive, and it must do so to the exclusion of all other living things on the planet. I didn’t dream this up. My thinking was not consulted before the life system developed. The world was operating on the property principle when I arrived and, like the rest of us, I had to work out my answers to that most fundamental, pragmatic of all social questions: who gets to make decisions about what? The essence of "ownership" is to be found in control: who gets to be the ultimate decision maker about people and "things" in the world?.... Do You Own Yourself? by Butler Shaffer http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig/shaffer9.html PS The above addresses the issues of axioms, self-ownership/property, the agora, (and every living thing) in a format that is understandable and relevant.