Jim Davies 4 years 12 weeks ago
    To Govern and Enslave
    Page Jim Davies
    http://www.heritage.org/index/ranking shows the USA as #10 out of 179. All such measures have a subjective component; Singapore is mean about drugs and Hong Kong is very crowded. Australia has its merits but Heritage may not feel as strongly as I do about New Zealand's arrest of Mr Dotcom last month. I've heard well of Chile, but - unlike parrots - am a terrible linguist. Perhaps I should have written "one of the most free developed societies in the world." I've lived in four developed countries and visited eleven others (twelve, if http://lewrockwell.com/reed/reed226.html satisfies you that Mexico is developed) and will stick with my opinion.
  • Akkarin's picture
    Akkarin 4 years 12 weeks ago Page Scarmig
    Thanks again for the information Suverans2, you always have detailed explanations even I can understand coupled with great footnotes. I really appreciate you sharing your knowledge and research with me. I'll have to meditate on this more, but it definitely feels true and seems logical.
    Suverans2 4 years 12 weeks ago Page Scarmig
    G'day Akkarin, I'm not certain that that is true. And, I doubt seriously that anything I will tell you here could be considered "proof". It is only common sense, and not much more. Who is the third party in a STATE sanctioned marriage? And, which of those three parties [persons] is the master? (Hint: The master is not required to seek permission [license] from the servant.) So right out of the chute a man who seeks permission [license] to marry is voluntarily admitting that he ALREADY IS a servant. And, who controls the servant's money, food, children, et cetera? The master, right? Look at it this way. If man is not a member, i.e. a citizen/subject[1], of a body politic, his status is that of, "sovereign without subjects", and in this state [condition], who would be the "competent authority[2]" that he would be required to seek before betrothing and marrying a maiden? Probably the maiden's Father, right? Why because as long as the maiden is a member of her Father's "household" he is the responsible party. Now, if she marries a man and they choose to remain members of her Father's household, who has the right to tell both of them what they can and cannot do...with their money, their food, their children, et cetera? If your Father, was anything like mine, he may have 'suggested' something to you along these lines; "As long as you are under my roof [protection], you will do as I say." That is just another way of saying, "As long as I am responsible for you, you will do as I say"; which, of course, (in my opinion), just makes [common] sense. On the other hand, if this maiden should leave her Father's household, before marrying, she is no long a citizen/subject of his household; she then becomes a free being, because she is now responsible for her own welfare, and, accordingly, is no longer required to seek her Father's permission, or obey his 'household law' [private law], though she still may, if she respects his wisdom, (presuming he has some). Now, if she marries, with or without her Father's permission, her man becomes the husbandman[3] of their new household, presuming, of course, that this arrangement is agreed to by her. In some households the woman is the agreed-upon "master of the family" and in others they agree to a "joint-tenancy" of the "throne". Simply substitute the word "government", or "state", if you prefer, in the appropriate places to better understand what is happening in your 'world' at this time. ____________________________________________________________ [1] Look up the word "subject" in your copy of Black's Fifth, and I believe you will find this, "Men in free governments are subjects as well as citizens; as citizens they enjoy [legal] rights and franchises; as subjects they are bound to obey the laws." [The word "legal" was added for clarification by me. The STATE does not issue natural rights; they are inherent.]' [2] You will find these words under "License" in your copy of Black's Fifth. [3] HUS'BANDMAN, n. ...1. The master of a family. ... ~ Webster's 1828 American Dictionary of the English Language
    rita 4 years 12 weeks ago Web link Michael Dunn
    In my relatively small town, where you're more likely to be killed by a cop than by your fellow citizens, a "dwindling police force" would be a blessing.
    Suverans2 4 years 12 weeks ago Page Scarmig
    Re: question number one I don't know. I, personally, do not answer to any of these: citizen, national, or subject. Re: question number two First, we must look at what a "person" is, in legalese. person In law, man and person are not exactly-synonymous terms. Any human being is a man, whether he be a member of society or not, whatever may be the rank he holds, or whatever may be his age, sex, &c. A person is a man considered according to the rank he holds in society, with all the rights to which the place he holds entitles him, and the duties which it imposes. 1 Bouv. Inst. n. 137. ~ Bouvier's 1856 Law Dictionary A voluntary nonperson is someone who does not consent to be a member of the civil society[1], which means, he is not a "legal entity", which in turn, means, he does not have "all the [legal] rights to which the place he holds entitles him, and the duties which it imposes". Nonpersons do, however, possess all their natural rights, so it is unlawful to violate their right to life, liberty and justly acquired property. The only duty this status imposes is to respect the natural rights of others. ____________________________________________________________________ SOCIETY ...3. By civil society is usually understood a state, (q. v.) a nation, (q. v.) or a body politic. (q. v.) Rutherf. Inst. c. 1 and 2. ~ Bouvier's 1856 Law Dictionary
  • Akkarin's picture
    Akkarin 4 years 12 weeks ago Page Scarmig
    Where can I find proof that the following is true as it certainly isn't in Black's Law 5th edition: " The fact that a certificate for a married couple is commercial paper that can be used to pledge the future expenditure of labor of the married couple against the State’s borrowed money was only half the equation. By entering into a State-sanctioned franchise (marriage) as a married couple, a couple forfeits their rights to a private, sovereign marriage and any ultimate control of their children or marriage-related property; as a result of the marriage license. Child Protective Services receives its full power and authority to seize children via the marriage license under the ancient legal doctrine of parens patriae." According to Black’s Law, 5th edition: I am really trying to figure out how the state gets parens patriae over our children. Yes I've heard that the marriage license/Birth Certificate are the sole things, but honestly I can not find any evidence to that fact.
  • Akkarin's picture
    Akkarin 4 years 12 weeks ago Page Scarmig
    I am confused, does this mean you are subjected to the same laws as a citizen without the added benefits? How does one become a non-person, or is that just not getting a SSN?
  • Akkarin's picture
    Akkarin 4 years 12 weeks ago Page Scarmig
    I did read that but he only mentioned the certificate of no record found. You need more documents then this. I was wondering about all the documents he might have submitted. Thank you for trying to answer for me.
    Suverans2 4 years 12 weeks ago Page Scarmig
    G'day traysea413, No problem, regarding your son's nativity year mix-up. What you are asking, if I understand you correctly, is, "Are there any statutes or laws that can FORCE a private health care provider to deny him insurance?" I should think that the answer is to that question would probably be no, but that is only a guess. That being said there may be some kind of "incentive(s)" for corporations, which are married to the STATE, to deal only with fellow members of their body politic. Pretty much if your son remains completely un-numbered he is an nonperson. non per-son (nan’ per’ sen) n. UNPERSON; specif. one who is officially ignored by the government ~ New World Dictionary of American English – Third College Edition
  • Chris Dates's picture
    Chris Dates 4 years 12 weeks ago
    To Govern and Enslave
    Page Jim Davies
    Jim's on to something when he says it's impossible to voluntarily sell yourself into slavery. I witness some debates here, and WhiteIndian likes to beg the question, because he assumes "self ownership" only refers to the human body, but it's so much more than that. Like Jim says it's also the human mind, but it's also owning all of the actions that the body and mind create; it's owning the consequences of those actions. NOTHING will ever change that. Nothing. Hey WhiteIndian, why are you making slavery sound so bad? Tell me, if I sell myself into slavery, therefore transferring ownership of all that is ME over to the new owner, what's to stop me from killing the new owner of me? How would that not be suicide? Hell, I'd do that ALL day long! Quick way to make a buck I'd say. Oh that doesn't sound right to you? Well, you might say I still retain ownership of the actions and consequences. Ahhhh...now you see exactly why it's impossible to sell yourself into slavery.
  • traysea413's picture
    traysea413 4 years 12 weeks ago Page Scarmig
    ok.. are there any statues or laws that can have a private health care deny him insurance? thank you for the correction.
  • traysea413's picture
    traysea413 4 years 12 weeks ago Page Scarmig
    sorry. he was born january 2011.
  • Tsunseyu's picture
    Tsunseyu 4 years 12 weeks ago Web link Little Alex
    I would agree with your judgment that it is human to be just. As the movie portray's by the sky people, we must be careful what society tells us is just. I also would say, that many people make an almost primal connection with the underdog characters, to a way of living that we used to have.. so simple and free... that has long since died off. You can see people's attempt to return to these simpler times in both the eco and minimalist movement. People are finally starting to revolt against excess consumption and environmental plunder... perhaps we will finally start living.?.?.
    Jim Davies 4 years 12 weeks ago
    To Govern and Enslave
    Page Jim Davies
    Sorry you were confused, Mark. The "two verbs" were of course "Govern" and "Enslave", in the title. Agreed, treatment of slaves no doubt varied a great deal. But the threat of being whipped was the sanction available, and it was used. http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/USASwhipping.htm has some graphic proof.
  • Evan's picture
    Evan 4 years 12 weeks ago
    To Govern and Enslave
    Page Jim Davies
    "in this country--the most free developed society in the world" [citation needed] By what measure is the USA the "most free?" What compels even radical libertarians to parrot that myth?
    Suverans2 4 years 12 weeks ago Page Paul Bonneau
    Very good, Paul. The only thing I might give constructive criticism on is this, "(or not at all, if anarchists)". I may be picking nits ;) but most so-called "anarchists", I have 'met', are lip-service anarchists, and are, in fact, full-fledged members of the STATE. It would be more concise to say, in my opinion, "(or not at all, if one is self-governing)", i.e. in harmony with the "Natural Law of the human world".
    Mark Davis 4 years 12 weeks ago
    To Govern and Enslave
    Page Jim Davies
    Jim, the first sentence is a little confusing as self is a noun. I think you were contrasting self-ownership and self-government? The analogy with slaves pre-1861 is closer than you may believe. The Hollywood version of slaves walking out to the fields in chains as drivers whipped them is a myth; obviously they would not be very productive. Of course, some slave owners were cruel just as some owners of livestock are cruel to their animals; but most slaves were considered valuable assets to be taken care of. Many were also brought up as part of the family raising children, etc. But most were left to work plots of land like serfs. On average about 50% of what they produced went to the owners and 50% to the slaves. Some were even able to use their spare time to work for money which was how many were able to purchase their freedom. When chattle slavery ended and the system morphed into "share-cropping", very little changed. The perpetual debt incurred from trying to work leased farms left many former slaves even worse off than before when they couldn't pay rent. If they tried to skip out on the rent then the sherriff went after them. I think this is a very similar situation to today where taxes and debt payments to pay off money created out of thin air is more than 50% of what we produce, on average.
    To Govern and Enslave
    Page Jim Davies
    I think that it is a matter of semantics. Noah Webster (c.1828) clearly demonstrates that with his definitions. SLAVE, n. 1. A person who is wholly subject to the will of another; one who has no will of his own, but whose person and services are wholly under the control of another. 2. One who has lost the power of resistance; or one who surrenders himself [voluntary] to any power whatever; as a slave to passion, to lust, to ambition. [or to those who call themselves "master"[1]] 3. [Not applicable to our discussion.] 4. A drudge; one who labors like a slave. [for himself, his family, and/or those who call themselves "master"] I believe that Jim is using definition number one, while you and I are using definitions two and/or four, (or a slight variation thereof), when we claim that one can voluntarily become a slave. However, if we were to use only definition number one, in its strictest confines, we would probably agree with Jim. Believing that to be the case, I have given up debating the issue. "The truth or falsehood of all of man’s conclusions, inferences, thought and knowledge rests on the truth or falsehood of his definitions." ~ Ayn Rand ___________________________________________ [1] MAG'ISTRATE, n. [L. magistratus, from magister, master; magis, major, and ster, Teutonic steora, a director; steoran, to steer; the principal director.] A public civil officer, invested with the executive government of some branch of it. In this sense, a king is the highest or first magistrate, as is the President of the United States. Your "...highest or first magistrate [master]...is the President of the United States", IF you are a United States citizen (See the 14th Amendment to your Constitution).
    Jim Davies 4 years 12 weeks ago
    To Govern and Enslave
    Page Jim Davies
    Thank you, Scott! And no, I instanced Walter to suggest that somewhere on the 18th and 19th Century cotton fields, there was probably a man with the ability to become an Econ Prof, had he not been enslaved. But I think you knew that :-) Yes, S2, you're right; 100% slavery would mean being "wholly subject to the will of another."
  • Scott Lazarowitz's picture
    Scott Lazarowitz 4 years 12 weeks ago
    To Govern and Enslave
    Page Jim Davies
    This is a very thought-provoking article. Regarding the notion that an individual couldn't be a slave voluntarily, while I believe in free will and your points make me think a little more about the issue, I still believe that, in a voluntary contract between an individual and others with 100% consent from that individual, he could voluntarily be someone else's slave. And yes, re-education is the key to de-brainwashing the servile, obedient, government-schooled masses, to convince them through persuasion that they would probably be happier and more fulfilled in a land of freedom rather than under the dictatorship of central planning that we have now. Also, are you saying that Walter Williams was a slave of the 18th or 19th Century? Is he THAT old? And, you wrote, "Governing brings such a rush of intoxication that men spend fortunes to get elected." Yes, in 2008, Willard Rmoney spent over $42 million of his own personal wealth to lose in the primary, and he's spending more now to lose to Obama in November. And in 2010 in Commiefornia, Meg Whitless spent over $150 million of her own wealth only to lose to her fellow communist, Jerry Moonbeam.
    Suverans2 4 years 12 weeks ago Page Scarmig
    Interesting, traysea413; you posted the following on July 12, 2010 "I am diligently searching for information that will help assist me in refusing the birth certificate/and or the social security number for the new baby I am having in January." Now you are telling us that your son was born in "january 2010".
    Suverans2 4 years 12 weeks ago Page Scarmig
    "People served by Medicaid are U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents..." ~ Wikipedia http://www.benefits.gov/benefits/benefit-details/1643 Would you mind rewording this question, "are there any statutes or laws that can have a private health care deny him insurance"?
  • Xerographica's picture
    Xerographica 4 years 12 weeks ago Page Paul Bonneau
    This is a really great article. If you get a chance I'd be really interested to hear your thoughts on allowing people to directly allocate their taxes. By far the most common critique of this proposal is along the lines of other people being idiots. So, given this article, I figured this proposal would be right up your alley. Here are a few especially relevant entries from my blog... http://pragmatarianism.blogspot.com/2012/01/unglamorous-but-important-th... http://pragmatarianism.blogspot.com/2011/12/taxpayer-division-of-labor.html
  • traysea413's picture
    traysea413 4 years 12 weeks ago Page Scarmig
    I do not have a social security number or a birth certificate for my son that was born in january 2010. we live in virginia and i have recieved the laws governing vital statistics. my question is this.... can medicaid deny benefits for him not having a social? also, is there any statutes or laws that can have a private health care deny him insurance. any help is much appreciated!! thank you
  • traysea413's picture
    traysea413 4 years 12 weeks ago Page Scarmig
    1492
    Page Jim Davies
    G'day Jim Davies, I am not familiar with the chemicals used in this "highly chemical process", so I cannot say, at this time, whether I object or not. But, I can say that I would only object if these growers are violating the natural law, that is to say, if are they contaminating their neighbors, (such as with the highly dangerous "FrankenFoods"[1]), and/or if they are they contaminating their neighbors air and/or water supply. One can only be held to be "harmless", according to the NAP (non-aggression principle), if one, WITHIN REASON, causes no harm, either intentionally or through gross negligence, to one's neighbors, in my opinion. ___________________________________________________________ [1] A little bit of knowledge can be a VERY DANGEROUS thing. I liken "genetic tampering" to teaching a child how to take the safety off and how to pull the trigger, without ever teaching them what the end result might be.
    KenK 4 years 12 weeks ago Page Paul Bonneau
    Good article Paul. Internet based communities are a good first step but in the end you have to have real-time, meat space communities in the traditional sense of the term. "Boots on the ground" as the military sorts call it. It is better perhaps essential that you have a thousand persons in one place rather than have ten thousand scattered all over the rest of the country. Even radical individualist Stirnerites can't stand alone.
    Suverans2 4 years 12 weeks ago Page Scarmig
    The answer to your second question seems to be here: 3. We were able to get a passport for our child absent the Slave Surveillance Number and birth certificate by obtaining a "certificate of no found record". We got this by the normal application for a birth certificate from the state department and since it doesn't exist the "certificate of no found record" establishes proof that our child has no state issued birth certificate and therefore is not a ward of the state. In this way you can assert your right to travel for your "American National" (not citizen subject). I say, "seems to be", only because, having never done it, I have no idea if that is correct or not.
    Jim Davies 4 years 12 weeks ago
    1492
    Page Jim Davies
    No, S2, I'd not call this one a "nit" :-) I don't have figures so could be wrong but my impression about the relation between government and the organics fad is opposite to yours. I see organic veggies being "pushed" at high prices in supermarkets, and the wealthier the neighborhood the harder the push. I have the firm impression that limousine liberals are promoting it, and they are in bed with government. A year or two back I made a foray into the fruit trade and explored importing some from central America. One eager exporter there after another was quick to assure me that his plant practised "sustained" agriculture - as if I cared. All that mattered to me as a prospective importer was quality and price. Other growers told me that they had offered organic products but could not sell them into the US - the demand was not such as to compensate them for the much less efficient growing needed. So yes, it may well be that Big Ag favors chemical assistance, but I have no problem with that - on the contrary, it seems to me what has enabled the Earth to feed a dramatically growing population, and which will continue to do so. My fingers are far from green, but I understand that a very efficient way to grow things is by hydroponics; a controlled environment (eg plastic greenhouses) and growing beds of gravel through which water is circulated, in which are dissolved specific nutrients. Clean healthy food results - but it's a highly chemical process. Any objection to that?
    Suverans2 4 years 12 weeks ago Page Scarmig
    NATIONAL A person owing permanent allegiance to a state. 8 USC [Title 8 of the United States Code] ~ Lectric Law Library's Lexicon
    Suverans2 4 years 12 weeks ago Page Scarmig
    Definition of NATIONAL 1 : one that owes allegiance to or is under the protection of a nation without regard to the more formal status of citizen or subject ~ Merriam-Webster's Online Dictionary, 11th Edition The word "or" makes this definition a little intriguing, to me. The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language states that the following three words are synonyms for each other, so I am wary of all of them. "And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you..." SYNONYMS: citizen, national, subject These nouns denote a person owing allegiance to a nation or state and entitled to its protection: an American citizen; a British national; a French subject. As an individual secessionist, I consider myself an "American, since America was, (according to my Father and Mother et al, the land of my nativity, but I am not a U.S. citizen". Earthling has a nice ring to it.
    Suverans2 4 years 12 weeks ago Page Scarmig
    G'day Akkarin, According to Black's Law Dictionary, Sixth Edition (c.1991), at page 1024, a "national" is... A person owing permanent allegiance to a state. 8 U.S.C.A. § 1101 The term "national" as used in the phrase "national of the United States" is broader than the term "citizen". Brassert v. Biddle, D.C.Conn., 59 F.Supp 457, 462. Not much help at all, I'm afraid. If I find anything more definitive I'll pass it along.
    Suverans2 4 years 12 weeks ago Web link Westernerd
    Exactly, jd-in-georgia, I don't, for one moment, believe that the so-called BIBLE is "The Word of God"; but I refuse, as so many do, to throw the baby out with the bathwater. There are still pearls in those books, even after the CHURCH thought that they had "sanitized" it enough for the commoners.
    KenK 4 years 12 weeks ago Web link Melinda L. Secor
    I have seen that lame TV program Dallas SWAT and I have always been appalled at the way they casually do thousands of dollars of damage to people's homes. Okay I get that they are looking for fugitives; quite dangerous ones in some case. But even so on their own TV show which they control to show themselves in the best possible light the tapes shows regularly hitting a suspect's girlfriend's mother's house, or an empty house and busting out all the windows or pulling the doors out of the wall with their armored vehicle, only to discover that their informant's tip was BS. The person they were looking for isn't or wasn't there at all. I can't even watch that show i get too angry.
  • AtlasAikido's picture
    AtlasAikido 4 years 12 weeks ago
    Origins
    Page Jim Davies
    Jim makes an interesting point about defenders vs attackers http://www.strike-the-root.com/1492#comment-5381 which referred me to this article. And following on Jim's "Based on the precedent of the Slippery Slope, my advice to anyone reading this in, say, 2079 is to be very wary of the word "we." I concur Do not discount the "I". Challenge the premise of "We". Oui! There is *No We*: Challenge the Premise. http://zerogov.com/?p=2334
  • jd-in-georgia's picture
    jd-in-georgia 4 years 12 weeks ago Web link Westernerd
    It is funny, Sam, how the church DID want obedient followers yet at the same time DID NOT want people to know how to read. Otherwise the "sheep" may come across something like this: For wisdom is a defence, and money is a defence: but the excellency of knowledge is, that wisdom giveth life to them that have it. ~Ecclesiastes 7:12 KJV or better yet, this verse is very pertinent to the evils of copyrighting: The wisdom of the prudent is to understand his way: but the folly of fools is deceit. ~Proverbs 14:8 KJV I know not what others may believe, nor am I attempting to evangelize. But as far as I can tell, God wants us to read unhindered so we can decide for ourselves what to like and dislike, and to believe or not believe.
  • jd-in-georgia's picture
    jd-in-georgia 4 years 12 weeks ago Web link Westernerd
    The best things in life are free... especially ideas. Imagine if everyone could think for themselves? As long as there is a manipulative monopoly on information dissemination, real progress will always be flowing with the rapidity of a glacier.
  • Akkarin's picture
    Akkarin 4 years 12 weeks ago Page Scarmig
    What is the difference between National and Citizen? I have been trying to figure this out without seeing any good definitions other than that Citizens are also nationals. Also, what paperwork did you submit to prove your child was born in the US for a passport? I will be doing this for my child soon.
    Samarami 4 years 12 weeks ago Web link Westernerd
    Worth glancing through all the parts to the piece. Most of us know this, but the essay outlines the history of the incestuous yoke of governmentalists and religionists from the beginning of written history. The control of how the minds of the proletariat are shaped and controlled has been the obsession of all agents of both state and religion. Copyright encapsulates that joining-at-the-hip. Sam
    Samarami 4 years 12 weeks ago Web link Guest
    I don't know about we killing people -- I know I have no intention of doing so. After 60 years I still have nightmares about the old M-1's and "tracer" ammo -- the newest technology when I was a kid enslaved to murder for state agents. Sam
  • AtlasAikido's picture
    AtlasAikido 4 years 12 weeks ago Page Westernerd
    I love the way Atlas Shrugged Jsu Garcia (as Francisco d'Anconia) dropped the "e" and the "s" on his name. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZFK7b5Io_s Atlas Shrugged Trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcyYjmjcPj8 Antonio Buehler is wearing a T Shirt with d'Anconia Copper emblazoned on his chest. Who is Antonio Buehler? See "From the Right To Resist the 'Duty To Submit' by William Norman Grigg" as it relates to "Austin Police Brutality Against Army Ranger Captain--[Antonio Buehler]--For Taking Photos Of Cops Abusing Woman In Cuffs" (Posted under the caption "Armed trolls do NOT like to be photographed").  http://tinyurl.com/Troll-Watch
  • Darkcrusade's picture
    Darkcrusade 4 years 12 weeks ago
    1492
    Page Jim Davies
    EMPLOYment is a term of art meant to ensnare those who are beguiled. (I think S2 could have enlightened that subject, if he had wanted to.) Would you have me to argue over what i have submitted in an earlier posting? http://www.strike-the-root.com/entanglement-of-compassion-and-liberty#co... Perhaps we ought to consider the Law of Necessity? http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/3843/inalienablepolicepower.jpg Is the caged monkey free to not pull the handle to get the sustenence? (and starve? maybe?) Maybe that is the wrong question,but i think we are advancing. We are all victims of what information we have been exposed to. The studies have been done and we are likely to conform to a consensus. This braintraining can start with parents,to teachers,and than what we are exposed to from the manipulated media(movies,books,press &c. all manipulated information.) We are all a product of this mind/information controll, that is why the world is in the situation it now is.The killing fields seem to be on the very Horizon. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgDx5g9ql1g We are stupified at the elephant chained from youth who is now fully grown and still thinks he cannot pull a little stake out of the ground;but that is the nature of the training(mind konTROLL).It would be a major misconception to think that we do not suffer from this same defective atitude.(although we may rage against it.) “The populace will not be allowed to know how its convictions were generated. When the technique has been perfected, every government that has been in charge of education for a generation will be able to control its subjects securely without the need of armies or policemen." - Bertrand Russell, "The Impact of Science on Society", 1953 “Education should aim at destroying free will, so that, after pupils have left school, they shall be incapable, throughout the rest of their lives, of thinking or acting otherwise than as their schoolmasters would have wished." A revolt of the plebs would become as unthinkable as an organized insurrection of sheep against the practice of eating mutton." - Bertrand Russell, "The Impact of Science on Society", 1953, pg 49-50 Empire does RULE the LOYalist. Moses is said to have been inspired to write that Scripture. I submit that ''the money [will again] faileth'' in your lifetime, so you will not be many years in Re-learning that lesson of history. See> http://www.amazon.com/New-Money-None-Willard-Cantelon/dp/0882703889 The folk song points to the ''indentured servant'' another term of art. > http://www.amazon.com/They-Were-White-Slaves-Enslavement/dp/0929903056/r...
    1492
    Page Jim Davies
    Hi Jim, If you go to private messages, click on "Write new message", at the bottom of the text window you will see the html tags that can be used here on STR, to close one of these where you want to, you simply use the same html tag but with a backslash in front of the html letter, letters or word. The word "strong" is bold, "em" is italicized, "a" makes your text blue, and ul indents the paragraph. If this isn't clear enough let me know and we can do a bit more by e-mail. Also, there's a trick to embedding a link, so if you'd like help on that, just let me know. p.s. Almost forgot; if you create your post in that private message box you can preview what you have done, by clicking on, yep, "Preview message", then copy and paste it into the comment box when you are satisfied with it. For some weird reason there is no "Preview message", with "Comments". You can, I believe I have already mentioned earlier, go back and "edit" your comment.
    Jim Davies 4 years 12 weeks ago
    1492
    Page Jim Davies
    Paul, this is explored in my article on "Origins" [of government] at http://www.strike-the-root.com/92/davies/davies5.html You say that theft is easier than farming, but as I see it theft (the mounting of a successful raid on defended stores) would be prohibitively difficult. That's because in warfare, attackers need about a 3:1 advantage in resources, over defenders. Yet a village or other community that had diligently accumulated resources and had time to spare as a result of the agricultural surplus would have enjoyed a substantial resource advantage over potential attackers who, by virtue of being hunters and gatherers or herders living from day to day, had nothing in reserve. True, during the period of growing and before harvest-time, that might not be true. But at those times, there would be no harvest to steal. In addition, there is the ethical question. If mankind can turn on a dime from being honest hunters to being dishonest thieves (ie, original sinners) then I suggest there is no hope whatever and we might as well give up. I don't. There is a rational (non-superstitious) basis for ethics, and it is that self interest is best served by acknowledging the self-ownership rights of everyone else.
    Jim Davies 4 years 12 weeks ago
    1492
    Page Jim Davies
    Never mind "my opinion", S2, just consider the reasoning. Is it sound or not? What I said was that no human being (no reference to "living being") can be enslaved totally (not with respect to "time", but with respect to his nature.) Yes. And yes, thank you, it does follow that he cannot therefore be 100% enslaved, regardless of whether or not he volunteers. This is quite a discovery! Total slavery is impossible. This fits well with the accounts of people who have been tortured, yet survived. The tyrant took everything but their spirits, their inner persons. However, I can't see that the converse is true - that 100% freedom isn't possible. Indeed, it certainly is possible! All that's required is that the enslavers (yes, the "system") vanish. Let's help them do so. BTW, you and others manage to use _emphases_ in STR forum posts - bold, italics, etc. How do you do that? When I see a window to post, the only option seems to be Notepad-like text. '
    rita 4 years 12 weeks ago Web link Westernerd
    OMG I'm a terrorist. (Please don't tell my parents.) OMG they're terrorists too. (Okay, don't tell my children. OMG.
    Suverans2 4 years 12 weeks ago Page Westernerd
    Woke up way-y-y too early this morning and had trouble getting back to sleep, so y'all are stuck with me for awhile. lol Okay, here goes... ETYMOLOGY [of the name JESUS]: Middle English, from Late Latin Iesus, from Greek Iesous, from Hebrew yesû'a, from yehôsûa', Joshua ; see Joshua1 (Source: American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language) ETYMOLOGY [of the name Joshua]: Late Latin Ioshua, from Hebrew yehôsûa', Yahweh [sic] (is) salvation; see hwy in Semitic roots (Ibid.) So? Where is this leading? Technically yehôsûa' should be translated "halloo Yah", which means, "call upon the name of Yah", which in turn is idiomatic[1] for, "call upon the authority of Yah" NAME, n. ...8. Authority; behalf; part; as in the name of the people. When a man speaks or acts in the name of another, he does it by their authority or in their behalf, as their representative. Here is where this is leading. The PTB in the Roman Empire of that day, (just as the PTB of the Roman Empire today), did not want anyone calling on any authority but the CAESARS...they are jealous gods. Sound familiar? ;) Act 5:27 And bringing them, they stood in the sanhedrin. And the high priest asked them, 28 saying, Did we not command you by a command that you not teach in this name? And, behold, you have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine and intend to bring on us the blood of this man. (Literal Translation of the HOLY BIBLE translated by Jay P. Green Sr.) And what was this "doctrine"? Act 17:7 "...these all do contrary to the decrees of Caesar, saying that there is another king..." Man, this is fun!! And what is the ONLY decree we read of in the so-called New Testament? Luke 2:1 And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world [the Roman Empire] should be taxed. What these "high priests" were afraid of is that the CAESAR would catch wind of their "doctrine" and they too would be nailed up on a stake for sedition[2]. Act 24:5 For we have found this man a pestilent fellow, and a mover of sedition among all the Jews throughout the world [the Roman Empire], and a ringleader of the sect [party] of the Nazarenes... Basically sedition is kind of a 'catch-all charge'; it's what your government may try to charge you with some day...when they can't really find any evidence to charge you with anything else. I'm taking the time to type this all out, in the hopes that at least one of you will read it. Sedition. Communication or agreement which has as its objective the stirring up of treason or certain lesser commotions, or the defamation of the government. Sedition is advocating, or with knowledge of its contents knowingly publishing, selling or distributing any document which advocates, or, with knowledge of it purpose, knowingly becoming a member of any organization which advocates the overthrow or reformation of the existing form of government of this state by violence or unlawful means. An insurrectionary movement tending towards treason, but wanting an overt act; attempts made by meetings or speeches, or by publications, to disturb the tranquility of the state. See 18 U.S.C.A. § 2383 et seq. See also Alien and sedition laws; Smith Act. ~ Black's Law Dictionary, Sixth Edition (c.1991), page 1357 _____________________________________________________________ [1] idiom noun ▸an expression whose meaning is different from the meaning of the individual words. For example, “to have your feet on the ground” is an idiom meaning “to be sensible.”
    Suverans2 4 years 12 weeks ago Page Westernerd
    We should not attribute Paul's writings (e.g. The Epistle to the Romans) to the man called Jesus [sic]. Matthew 20:25 But having called them, Jesus said, You know that the rulers of the nations exercise lordship over them, and the great ones exercise authority over them. 26 But it will not be so among you. (Literal Translation of the HOLY BIBLE translated by Jay P. Green Sr.)
    Paul 4 years 12 weeks ago Web link Guest
    Always wonderful to hear we can now more efficiently kill people we shouldn't be killing.
    Suverans2 4 years 13 weeks ago Page Douglas Herman
    Thanks, Paul. This is for those "not very smart parasites": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dMBKgSlUPg