• AtlasAikido's picture
    AtlasAikido 5 years 1 week ago Web link Serenity
    Now THIS is an excellent presentation....: Eeeek, an Anarchist! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdDCaGQAU9U
    Samarami 5 years 1 week ago Page Paul Bonneau
    I'm with you, John. The entire "problem" with the bullying phenomenon seems to be centered around the existence of collectivist government ("public" ha ha) schooling. Those institutions are necessary for predators of state to sustain the farce that is affectionately referred to as "consent of the governed". So "bullying" is a natural outcropping of the incursion of minions of state into "education", which is a natural outcropping of their need to continually legitimize the state. Like the "war on terrorism" is in truth a pseudology to camouflage the real terrorists (agents of state), the "issue" of bullying prevents the unwashed masses from identifying the man behind the curtain who is pulling all those strings. Clowns in state costumes with tin "badges" who are dangerously armed are the real "bullies". Solution? Homeschool the kids. Keep them away from government school yards. Teach them that the policeman is NOT their friend, but that they do not need to fear monopoly police or any other state agents. State predators are like any other criminals -- steer clear of them whenever possible, but don't give them the satisfaction of fearing them. Your above tactic might be an excellent defense against predation. Teach them the art of self-defense. That art definitely includes this "when-all-else-fails" tactic: RUN!!! Sam
  • John deLaubenfels's picture
    John deLaubenfels 5 years 1 week ago Page Paul Bonneau
    In order to resist thug cop bullies, new tactics will be required. I'm thinking of a group of like-minded people forming a cooperative, and when any one of them is stopped by an abusive cop, s/he speed-dials the rest and they arrive, armed, to confront the bullying thug. I'm not advocating violence, except in defense, but am advocating letting the cop know on no uncertain terms that his/her bullying behavior will not be tolerated.
    Glock27 5 years 1 week ago Page Paul Bonneau
    I guess I would have to agree with that perspective, dodge ball has become an art form of bullying and now is not allowed in many schools, but some tof the bullying that goes on is to the extremes wherein some kids die by the hand of the bully or by their own hand. With an instant brain fart I guess that criminals are nothing more than extended bullies, but yes, just being kids I think has gone to the wayside and has evolved into another whole different animal. There are a lot of places to go with just the concept of "Bully". When I was once a young kid I was bullied to a point that I was forced into the decision that it had to stop and for me at that time all I could do was find an equalizer in the battle and that was a 6 inch blade pocket knife I kept with me everywhere I went.
  • AtlasAikido's picture
    AtlasAikido 5 years 1 week ago Web link Serenity
    Slovaks, on the other hand are becoming increasingly free with their distance from communism and increasingly disrespectful of governmental authority. Disrespect of the most prominent symbol of government authority could be seen three weeks ago in Bratislava – on Obchodna Street. I can't imagine a scene like this fifty years ago in Slovakia, nor even ten years ago in Slovakia. Slovakia is a rapidly changing society. Excerpted from A Healthy Disrespect of the Police by Allan Stevo http://www.lewrockwell.com/stevo/stevo18.1.html Reference Context: See posting May 27th regarding Police seen as Bullies and Sociopaths by Russian govt official admission de facto and de jure--following the tide of individuals/communities who refuse to sanction their own victim hood (consent) and who have taken the direct alternative of taking security matters into their own hands.
    Glock27 5 years 1 week ago Web link mhstahl
    Ya know. This also applies to a Concealed Carry. In Michigan you must have 9 hours of gun safety, shooting and laws regarding carring a pistol and the law regarding shooting in self-defense. (Actually I have no problem with that because I want to know that the carry person knows gun safety.) In my class we had one old fart that kept waving a revolver around and pointing it at others. After the third incident the instructors informed him that one more episode of unsafe firearm handeling he would be asked to leave immediately. Yes they informed him on each occassion, but one warning should have been all that was needed. Carrying a firearm in public places a grave responsibility on the individual and cannot be taken lightly. Gratefully the Mihigan House of Representatives just passed legislation that you no longer have to go to the nearest police station, take a test on gun safety, pay $10 and have 10 days to purchase the firearm. If not you have to repeat the process. Now you just go to the dealer and purchase the firearm and take it home. Concealed Carry Laws still remain in effect.
    Paul 5 years 1 week ago Page Paul Bonneau
    Interesting post. Is that really what is going on, or just a scenario you presented? If the former, do you have some links? I found this one but it was written in 2006: http://www.article2.org/mainfile.php/0504/244/
    Paul 5 years 1 week ago Page Paul Bonneau
    I must disagree with the notion that it is better to go to authorities first to get the legalities out of the way, at least for school children (there might be an argument for adults in this litigious society). As to the notion that the bully is himself a victim of bullying and he is just repeating that, it may be true. One chicken pecked in the barnyard will sometimes go find another chicken lower on the pecking order to peck. However that's no excuse for putting up with it. Finally I have to clarify something. I wrote, "Much of what we today consider bullying behavior is actually an attempt by the “bully” to find others worthy of his respect." Part of what I am saying here, is that I think the definition of bullying has been expanded in recent years, so that half the behaviors we see can be called that. A while ago it might have just been called horsing around, or whatever. It's particularly this expansion that I am talking about. Boys horse around to figure out who is worthy to be in the group. As to "classic" or "true" bullying, there may be another dynamic going on, so even fighting back does not yield friendship or respect, although self-respect and that of others might of course still be there. I'm not a psychiatrist or psychologist. All the above is just a guess. Those in the psych professions may have their own axes to grind...
    Glock27 5 years 1 week ago
    Amendment Done
    Page dubhub9
    If our voting or not voting means nothing to those operating the state, then why do they spend so much money to get elected to the position? That's the puzzeler to me. Can anyone out there illucidate my feeble mind?
    Glock27 5 years 1 week ago Page Mark Davis
    I anxiously await your reply. Just take your time. These machines seem to have a mind of their own. Are you lap topping it from your truck?
    Glock27 5 years 1 week ago Page Paul Bonneau
    Great point Tzo. To make an observation, I have noted this kind of conduct at this site and others, verbal bullies, unless I misconstrue what I read here.
    Glock27 5 years 1 week ago Page Paul Bonneau
    Seen this all too frequently Mass.
    Glock27 5 years 1 week ago Page Paul Bonneau
    Reverend, bullies have a problem, and treating them as you suggest I could not agree with. They need help basically because they are being abused in their own homes or by close family members. I find it very disturbing that you would suggest this to anyone. I taught my son that if he was having problems ask the kid to stop. If that fails go to the teacher, if that fails go to the counciler, if he fails go to the principle. If he fails then he (my son) must solve the problem. This way he has performed everything legally and when he beats the s*%@ out of the other kid then the upper brass can't do squat. Unfortunately for me he never took my advice and beat the s*%@ out of the kid anyway and got in trouble despite the history the kid had as a bully. I also taught him that he had a moral and ethical responsibility to protect younger and defensless persons from the assault of others whom were bigger. When I was at a fun time of my life I had problems with various bullies my age and older. After a few rounds of this I decided I would not deal with it anymore and began carrying a gravity knife with me and use it on occassion to divert the bullies desire. I guess I feel sorry for bullies. They are hurting and need some serious intervention that will help them become better people.
    Glock27 5 years 1 week ago Page Paul Bonneau
    An observation that lifts my heart. However, I disagree with open carry only because open carry presents a very dangerous situation (dependent upon location). Open carry gives another advance strategy of approach and disarm. Concealed carry is far better because the element of supprise. In Michigan 1 in every 20 citizens carry concealed. I was stunned to discover this, so when I am out carrying I know there are others carrying but I don't know who. The mind set of firearms really needs to be overcome and the anti-gunner bullies need their butts kicked every chance the opportunity arises. Paul is right about us old guys, we'll just pull our gun and.... well I don't want to say something that could be misconstrued at a later date.
  • Thunderbolt's picture
    Thunderbolt 5 years 1 week ago Page Paul Bonneau
    I think Paul Bonneau is correct. The issue is respect. Let us presume that you live in Bangladesh. The police there are brutal. They taser pregnant women and pepper-spray protestors. They fatally club mentally-handicapped men who have not aggressed against anyone. They use 4000 teams of thugs in black costumes to invade homes and kill humans and dogs without restraint. They murder a young hand-cuffed man in their subway. There is no recourse for their citizens. Everyone lives in fear of these goons. Their politicians are forever creating wars to enrich their masters. They even have a few drones to keep an eye on their slaves. Enter "Black Market Reloaded." Someone in Bangladesh can now hire a hit-man to revenge injustice. The contract-killer does not know who hired him and the plaintiff does not know the killer. An anonymous digital currency is used for payment. Suddenly, the police in Bangladesh are dropping like flies; politicians too. A politician there wants to restrict guns. Mysteriously, he is shot dead, while driving home. Tax agents of the dreaded S.R.I. begin dying at the rate of thirty each week. The people of Bangladesh find that they can eliminate not only the barbaric thugs, but all of their hated government. The police become very polite.
    tzo 5 years 1 week ago Page Paul Bonneau
    My impression is that bullies at school are kids who are themselves bullied, primarily at home by parents, and feel powerless. At school, they want to emulate those that have power over them at home—because apparently the world is made up only of those who bully and those who are bullied—and so they imitate those that control others through sheer force. The bullied kid who fights back is a shock to the bully. He certainly can't fight back against his parents, and so what does this resistance mean? This doesn't fit in with the bully/bullied dichotomy, and so he either 'makes friends with' or ignores the self-defender and seeks out an easier target. I don't disagree with the idea that boys and men tend to compete with each other in order to earn respect, and that can go from sports right on up to fighting, but I think that somewhere there is a line between making someone 'prove' themselves worthy of respect and just lashing out because of feelings of inferiority. But as I think about it, it is very difficult to figure out where that line may be. We are funny little creatures.
  • ReverendDraco's picture
    ReverendDraco 5 years 1 week ago Page Paul Hein
    Oh, crud! I never knew I was deranged before - I thought that my desire for individuality and freedom was a healthy thing. . . aw, shucks - now I gotta go find an expensive therapist to tell me how crazy I am and prescribe me expensive pharmaceuticals to fix the problem. . . thanks a lot, Paul. /s
  • Guest's picture
    MassOutrage (not verified) 5 years 1 week ago Page Paul Bonneau
    Brilliant observation about some bullies seeking to find someone they can respect. Although, there are probably more civilized ways to do it. I also appreciate the caveat about resisting police bullies. You simply can't do it any more, or they give your head some "car hood therapy" and then arrest you for resisting arrest. A little circular reasoning there, but that is what happens. They also throw in disturbing the peace and disorderly conduct for good measure. So, with police, I think you have to be all, "yes sir", because they literally will kill you and blame you for it later to the media.
  • ReverendDraco's picture
    ReverendDraco 5 years 1 week ago Page Paul Bonneau
    My experience with bullies in school showed me that bullies are, at the core, cowards. They bully others in an attempt to make themselves feel worthwhile. . . I always have, and always will, tell a child who is being bullied, that the proper response (that is, the one which will decrease the likelihood of further bullying) is to beat the dogslobber out of the bully. Beat him until he stops twitching, then hit him a few more times just for grins and giggles. Nobody ever takes advice exactly as given, but it does give them the idea that defending oneself is not a bad thing. Running to a teacher is the last thing one should do - it establishes, in the mind of the bully and other observers, that one is a rat - nobody is more pathetic than a rat. . . all running for the teacher will do is guarantee further bullying, even by those who normally wouldn't be bullies - because nobody likes a rat. Except for those on a power trip, because rats increase their power. I can't agree that it's about respect - I've never become friends with a bully after the fact, because I have no respect for bullies - recently beat down or not. I pity them, scorn them, ridicule them - but I do not befriend them - because bullies are nothing more than cowards, and I have no respect for cowards.
    KenK 5 years 1 week ago Page Paul Bonneau
    I saw a young father playing with his kids at the park yesterday openly carrying a holstered pistol. Made my heart glad. Nobody freaked out about it either. That was even better.
  • golefevre's picture
    golefevre 5 years 1 week ago Page Paul Bonneau
    All good points, but as a parent I feel it is incumbent upon me to let my children know in no uncertain terms that they will loose MY respect if they bully other children. I hate bullies and I've never respected any I've met.
  • ladylush884's picture
    ladylush884 5 years 1 week ago Web link Serenity
    I was thinking as I clicked on,that,exactly as you say the most powerful word in the world is 'NO'-Great minds think alike....
  • John deLaubenfels's picture
    John deLaubenfels 5 years 1 week ago
    Dickens, Reconsidered
    Page Jim Davies
    He's raised by an elder sister and neither abandoned nor ill-treated... I don't have the book in front of me, but my recollection is that Pip is subject to almost constant psychological abuse by his sister. However, I'm quibbling; excellent column.
    Samarami 5 years 2 weeks ago Page Mark Davis
    Well, Mark, I had a lengthy and highly intellectual response to your essay. Then, (stupidly I didn't think to paste it to my clip board) when I hit the "post" button I got the message: "...you are not authorized to post comments..." Evidently I was arbitrarily logged out by some unknown spiritual force. Will try later tonite. Sam
    Samarami 5 years 2 weeks ago Page Mark Davis
    "Hoping humans rise above a tribal existence is probably futile." To avoid futility it is important for only two human beings to rise above a tribal existence: thee and me. "And truth be told, not all tribal associations are bad." Many associate (and label) family units as "tribal" in nature, and to a certain extent they are correct, but only in light of "good government". The family unit, in my opinion, is the only legitimate governing unit. I'll weigh in on that when I comment on Mark's essay. In this vein Robert Ringer refers to the labelers as engaging in "grouping and tagging" -- virtually always for the express purpose of leading the masses away from clear thinking. As you say, clear thinking among the unwashed masses "does not scale well". Sam
    Samarami 5 years 2 weeks ago Web link mhstahl
    Conspicuously absent in this type discussion is a land mass identified by state lovers as "Switzerland". The governing agency there is nondescript by most standards, (weak "central government"). Adults -- both male and female, I think -- are encouraged to be armed to the teeth and to have ongoing training in whetting their skills in the use of those firearms. There seems to be a "law" to that effect, but I rather question its enforceability due to weak or nonexistent governing "powers". Switzerland, as I understand it, has an extremely low "crime rate", and is never attacked by anybody. I suspect it is for the same reason I refrain from attacking nests of rattle snakes and yellow jackets. Sam
    Samarami 5 years 2 weeks ago
    Dickens, Reconsidered
    Page Jim Davies
    Jim, I believe you've exposed the eerie thread of subtlety that weaves and yaws throughout virtually all of what passes for "entertainment" and/or "enlightenment" (TV evening news, as one glaring example). The gist of the thread appears to be geared to ratify legitimacy of parasites and predators of state as opposed to individual action: the political means in lieu of the economic means (robbery vs work) of human progress. The thread is "superhuman" in nature in that it defies human ability to simply sit down and form a plan of action and then work to carry it out. It has apparently intensified ever since the beginning of recorded history. Butler Shaffer had an interesting essay in the form of a court skit a few years ago on the Lew Rockwell page. Butler's piece defending Ebenezer Scrooge also exposed the subtlety of how the masses are inculcated toward socialistic support of state agents. He accomplished his exposure with the classic Shaffer flair. You and I agree that Shaw's comment will pan out: the unreasonable man will prove to have always been at the helm of all (genuine) human progress. We may not necessarily agree as to how it will come about, but in the end all progress will depend upon the unreasonable man. That would include thee and me. I salute thee. Sam
    Mark Davis 5 years 2 weeks ago Page Mark Davis
    Great quote from Mencken that I hadn't seen before. His ability to sum up so much in so few words still amazes me. Once conquered the elite quickly change over to the "divide and rule" mode of administration. I didn't mean to imply that all tribal associations are bad; just that we can do better, indeed must do better in this increasingly crowded world. The ever expanding division of labor requires it. Alas, I agree that scale is the biggest problem facing growing populations. The tribal chief is an extension of the head of the family matriarch/patriarch. The credibility and effectiveness of this system definitely becomes strained in larger populations. After growing to 100 to 150 people, this primal system begins to fall apart. This is why the neighborhood is still the primary social group that people, especially children, identify with. It’s still on a scale that we can "know everybody" well enough to work out petty differences without violence and accept each other’s foibles with some grace. Authoritarians clinging to the status quo see increasing authority and the resulting enforcement mechanisms as the answer, which is where we are now. Of course, liberty and freedom is the better course so that we can better deal with each other on a more personal basis. As always, the responsibility that comes along with liberty scares so many; these fearful then yearn to be ruled.
    Glock27 5 years 2 weeks ago
    Ebooks Everywhere
    Page Glen Allport
    Downloade free Kindle PC, and bought Kindle fire, it lets you access e-mail, facebook and a few other dodads i don't employee, but I sure have obtained batches of books, for free, some, .99, 1.99, ets. Some books are no different in price than the hardcopy. I never believed I would enjoy such a device, but you can highlite, make notes, bookmark pages. It is incredable and I love mine. If you have problems with it, you send it back to Amazon and they just simply replace it, no repairing.
    Glock27 5 years 2 weeks ago Page Glen Allport
    I have said this before somewhere on this site and I think it bears repeating. What you are going to receive here is a lot of paraphrasing as the hard copy is currently hiding from me. A few years back a Lt. Col. of the Army working on his Masters Degree in Business ran a survey on the Military base where he was stationed. His survey group were the young grunts (bullet stopper). His survey question, among others, was: "Your base Commander, through the chain of command, issues a order coming from the President (CIC) that they are to go into the local community and assist the Sheriffs Dept. in confiscating "ALL" firearms from its cizinery. You are faced with a citizen who refuses to give up his weapons and ammunition. Your are ordered by your commanding officer to "Shoot the civilian and confiscate all weapons in his home." 1) doo you obey the command, or 2) do you disobey the direct order. Less than half said they would shoot. With what Glenn has demonstrated above, this additional tidbit intensifies the scaryness of the mind set of young troups. Once the Base Commander learned of this attitude he immediately established a moral and ethics indoctrination of the troops that such actions were not consistant with the oath each member of the military took. Brave Base Commander to try to countermand a mind set. Would the Sheriffs Dept. really follow the directive. I guess I am being the Judas Goat ready for the abitoir, for I deeply and sincerely hope that these people will see through this idiocy and refuse to be participantss.
  • DC Hawkins's picture
    DC Hawkins 5 years 2 weeks ago Page JGVibes
    Very, very good article. I definitely get tired of explaining to Statists the difference between society and government.
    Paul 5 years 2 weeks ago Page JGVibes
    Good luck with that international law idea. I've been reading Rothbard's "Conceived in Liberty", which gives the impression this struggle has been going on forever. For some reason the additional perspective leads to a calming of the mind. The world is not going to end tomorrow after all.
    Paul 5 years 2 weeks ago Page Mark Davis
    The Treyvon Martin case brings to mind an old Mencken quote: "Here (in America) the daily panorama of human existence, of private and communal folly, the unending procession of governmental extortions and chicaneries, of commercial brigandages and throat slittings, of theological buffoneeries, of aesthetic ribaldries, of legal swindles and harlotries, of miscellaneous rogueries, villanies, imbecilities, grotesqueries, and extravagances is so inordinately gross and preposterous, so perfectly brought up to the highest conceivable amperage, so steadily enriched with an almost fabulous daring and originality, that only a person born with a petrified diaphram can fail to laugh himself to sleep every night and wake up with all the eager, unflagging expectation of a Sunday-School superintendent touring the Paris peep-shows." I suspect the ruling class stirs the pot to distract us from their own machinations. "Divide and Conquer". Hoping humans rise above a tribal existence is probably futile. And truth be told, not all tribal associations are bad. At the risk of looking at it through rose-colored glasses, it seems there was a lot of freedom in Indian tribes, enough that they attracted a fair amount of Europeans despite the more primitive conditions. It's just that tribal existence does not scale well. What works for 100 people becomes grotesquely wrong for 100 million. The smaller the tribe, the more human and humane we become. Andorra probably has not invaded too many of its neighbors lately.
    Glock27 5 years 2 weeks ago Web link Melinda L. Secor
    It is stunning how much time a person will spend to waste their time on trivia when there is a much simpler way to achieve the same goal, get wet, shut the shower off, wash then rinse. Wow. All that human potential gone down the drain. What Paul is talking about here is a Popular Science site about recycled bathing water.
    Paul 5 years 2 weeks ago Web link Melinda L. Secor
    This wins the Rube Goldberg award.
    Glock27 5 years 2 weeks ago Web link mhstahl
    Only unless you believe that butterflys in China flapping their wings makes a difference.
  • The Truth's picture
    The Truth 5 years 2 weeks ago Page JGVibes
    JGVibes, your article and views are very timely, as I see more and more questioning the society and values they have been born into. The realization that we have been lied to by those "IN CHARGE" comes as a shock to most. The Truth is this... We have more control power and influence over our circumstances then we have been led to believe. Most in the western culture are waking up to the fact that something is wrong. "It's like a splinter in your mind". But then they are overwhelmed by the enormity of it all. Here is another truth... We CAN change our world, IF we change ourselves first. By changing our world I don't mean that we can change THEM. But we can create a society that has the INTERNATIONAL STANDING to protect and uphold what we hold dear. The Natives call this the Two-Path wompum. Two paths mean THEY can continue in their path (of war and destruction), but We can choose to Not participate. In the past that meant you had to leave your home and family to some far off land, but now through learning and applying International Law, we have come to the conclusion that we have the right to Self-Determination. We have the right to choose the form of government we want to live with. This is a personal choice. We can NOT impose this choice on others. What does this mean? It is this simple, you can choose to leave ANY political system/governmental system to create your own or join a new one. 1. All peoples have the right of self-determination. By virtue of that right they freely determine their political status and freely pursue their economic, social and cultural development. Mandatory reading for those that would be self-determinate: The Law of Nations http://www.lonang.com/exlibris/vattel/ International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights http://www2.ohchr.org/english/law/cescr.htm International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights http://www2.ohchr.org/english/law/ccpr.htm This process is well under way by the General Post Master Council. You can view the progress at www.generalpost.org and http://generalpostoffice.blogspot.com/
    Paul 5 years 2 weeks ago Web link mhstahl
    This article is not very believable.
    Paul 5 years 2 weeks ago Web link mhstahl
    Looks like they only have 5 surveys from Montana and none from Wyoming, so you can't take the map results too seriously. Also I have to question some of the survey questions which (as far as I can tell) rate a state more business friendly if the state taxpayers support training programs! With these sorts of surveys, the devil's always in the details.
    Glock27 5 years 2 weeks ago Web link Melinda L. Secor
    I find it interesting the the Federal and Supreme Court clearly states that the police have absolutely no legal obligation to protect us from murders and mad men. If this is so where does it say the police have the absolute legal obligation to beat and murder helpless, mentally ill people. From where I hail, many years ago the police entered the home of an urgent call that the "Mother" feared for the life of her son whom was mentally ill. The young man was on the screened in pourch with a knife threatening to "Kill himself" Fortunately he did not have to carry out the act because the Police did it for him. The family (somewhat influential in the community) sued and lost the case. When the SHIT hits the fan, count on the Police doing everything in their power and arsinal to subdue the public.
    Glock27 5 years 2 weeks ago
    Why Vote?
    Web link mhstahl
    Voting is a coersion and there are but two choices. vote. Don't vote. I am compelled to vote, first because I was taught it is a duty of citizens to vote, yet many don't and most becausedon't vote because it is inconvenient, and bothersome, and nothing ever changes when you vote. For some people voting does change things to the way they want, especially within the spectrum of social wind falls. Social wind falls are great for those who have nothing and don't want to do anything yet have everything they could hopefully dream of: education, food, housing, medical care, pocket change and etc. I recall one voter interviewed said "Obama's got the money and I want some of it. Hell yeh! I'M gonna vote for him. To my way of thinking this is the absolute wrong reason to vote. I vote because I hope that one day the vote will honestly matter (not in my life time). Voting is voting against war, murder, rape and a sorted plethora of positive reasons to vote. I don't want to become trapped in a narrow minded persective for not voting. No man or woman I have ever voted for ever followed through on the promises they made and we all know they lie just so they can get elected and get the fabulous benefits that come from having served "The People" There always exist the chance that some men and women will honestly attempt to follow through on the promises mad. As more and more come to this position, I hold out for hope (Not really sure what for though). I am interested in seeing a nation grow into a nation of liberty for all. If I don't vote I only help to lessen the chance that we as a people and a nation can grow into a moral and virtious society of people, but I am not certain that being a moral and virtious people will resolve into what many hope for. I am still wading my way through the mire of liberalism and anarchy. Willl I become one or the other, I have no idea, I only hope for a nation that will protect its people from illegal intruders, murders and etc . I might be wrong in my position, but I just do not believe that not voting is going to solve anything at all, not that voting is even going to solve anything. I exercise the right because I am forced to do so because I know if I don't, I have already voted and have no idea of what I am going to get. Well. That's it.
    Glock27 5 years 2 weeks ago Web link mhstahl
    WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD IT COULD BE!
  • John Balzer's picture
    John Balzer 5 years 2 weeks ago
    Gary Johnson: Statist
    Page Scott Lazarowitz
    Gary Johnson did an outstanding job as governor of New Mexico. At the time he was a Republican that demonstrated principles of Libertarianism. There exists nowhere in literature or commentary that a Libertarian is required to be aligned with the Mises Institute. I feel there is a danger becoming overly aligned in theoretical economics, philosophy and politics simultaneously. Often times it is better to use your gut feelings and shoot from the hip to hit a target, not over analyze it. To the degree that ignorance can be bliss, Gary Johnson had the best job creation record for his state in the entire country. He balanced the budget and vetoed every piece of boondoggle legislation that came across his desk. He did not have a meteoric ascendancy to the presidential nominee in a vacuum. The preponderance of the members of the Libertarian Party voted him in for a reason. He has an excellent record. He is a strong candidate with his executive experience. He is currently the best candidate of all those running to expouse the ideals that most Libertarians believe in. To make statements like casting "no vote" would be better does a disservice to those of us who are trying to advance Libertarianism. Gary Johnson will get my vote in November and for those of you who would vote for Romney, Obama or not vote at all, good luck!!
  • eugenedw's picture
    eugenedw 5 years 2 weeks ago Web link mhstahl
    On the same page as the hemp article, I see a link to one that I find even more interesting and that may well be of interest to root strikers the world over: http://tirelessagorist.blogspot.com/2012/03/greece-surrenders-to-undergr...
    Paul 5 years 2 weeks ago
    Gary Johnson: Statist
    Page Scott Lazarowitz
    No surprises there. To appeal to voters, a politician must be a statist. Ron Paul is about as far out on the liberty spectrum as possible for a pol, and that is only because he has such appealing other characteristics such as being very personable like someone's ideal Grandpa, and delivering some thousands of babies, and never flip-flopping on issues over literally decades.
    Glock27 5 years 2 weeks ago Page Paul Bonneau
    I can personally vouch for this. My wife worked at a University and in conversation with book salesmen and professors the book companies admitted they were dumbing down the texts because the professors had indicated that the students were having a difficult time in understanding the texts without a dictionary at their side, which dropped their ability to complete the assignment because they were having to look up so many words that it impeeded their progress. To conclude, do you really and honestly mean what you said in the article above. Woops. I am in June of 2012 and this is piece is 2011. You will never see this.
    Glock27 5 years 2 weeks ago
    Heartless Libertarians
    Page tzo
    This is almost exactly what I have observed from this site, not being a libertarian, I don't think. I may be and not know it, but I seek a kinder, moral and ethical response.
    Glock27 5 years 2 weeks ago
    Heartless Libertarians
    Page tzo
    There is an true event involving human beings that is similar to this and it involves the process of cooking a ham. However, your fictional account is nicely put. I will have to remember this because that is a good illustration to the "Human Condition", but it stretches the principle a bit.
    Glock27 5 years 2 weeks ago
    Inferno, Part I of II
    Page tzo
    Is it possible for you to fit the "human contition" into this? I have no argument. I am simplistic, and what you say is accurate, I believe, at least regarding the taking of innocent lives (I think we have to agree that there are non-innocent people), but we are human beings, each of us evolves under a given set of circumstances (values, culture, economics and etc) which shapes our perspectives and even our reactions and actions. To be marveled and aghast at the actions of others seems dissonant. Would you shoot Madam Albright to save 100,000 children? Would you give your life to save a 70 year old man? I am interested in your response and how you justify it. There are things happening in the world of which we have absolutely no control over, it's the "Human Condition"; all of us are subject to it regardless of what we believe; regardless of how we want to change it; regardless of what we say or do, war will always be with us. It is a never ending circle of the "Human Condition" What is the "Human Condition" ? It is the circumstances of which we were amalgamated into when daddys sperm hit mommies egg--then it becomes melded together by our evolving circumstances under the values and economics of the family, then being tossed into the public education system (for me home schooling is the ideal as the child remains within the family circle and their values and don't beome polluted by the public. The exception here is what mom and dads values are, what they see is important and etc which can still result is a degraded life). The "Human Condition" will never change annd anarchists will never change the "Human Condition". You have some very valuable points and as a neophite I am extremely interested, and so far only "Samarami" has bothered to provide any assistance in my journey. I donot want to argue with you, nor do I wish to debate you. I don't have the background nor the intellectual foundation to be of any worthy battle and I will not battle. Anyone else reading this I am open to receiving thoughts and ideas from you. You at "Strike the Root" have someone who wants to evolve and develope. Are you even slightly interested in assisting a new person? I am not an "Anarchist" I don't think. I am a prepper for the coming chaos, and I want the F*&%#@ government out of my life and my pocket. I want to be free from the idiot of the state, yet I am helpless because I follow politics because it affects me, my wife, my children and my grandchildren. HELP!!!
    KenK 5 years 2 weeks ago Page George F. Smith
    The Free State Project be damned! If ND passes this and it survives the Wisconsin-style machinations of the tax feeder class I am definitely moving there. Seriously.