"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." ~ John Adams
Exclusive to STR
While listening to the President's speech on television the other morning, it became clear to me that we are totally screwed. As with all assaults on our freedoms, the Military Commissions Act was sold to us as something needed to preserve our freedoms, not take them away, and of course always labeled with a jingoistic or benevolent name as to fool the sheep. The Orwellian doublespeak that the Fuhrer used was as if George Orwell himself was speaking it, instead of George W. Bush.
I can't recall how many times this Nazi stressed that this is good for America and will save American lives; I lost count after the first 10 minutes. I could almost see the sheep lapping it up every time the smirking chimp spoke about this Act in relation to freedom and 'Dumbocray.' The manipulation of language for political ends that Orwell spoke of was so apparent in that speech that it actually took my breath away. Is anyone actually buying this bullshit?
It's amazing that people are so stupid that they would vote their own rights away. As Ron Paul explained Democracy Is Not Freedom, in fact quite the opposite, it's slavery and Communist in nature. It's mob rule where 51% of the people get to decide what the other 49% have the right to do. As obvious as this is, I cannot turn on the television, radio or pick up the newspaper without seeing, hearing or reading about Democracy and Freedom as if they are one and the same.
Has the government ever been known to do anything to advance the cause of personal freedom? Of course governments promote Democracy because it's in their own best interest. Why would the government do anything to give up power? If Democracy really was a form of government that was "of the people, by the people, and for the people' as that famous criminal Abraham Lincoln put it, government would do everything in its power to stop Democracy, not promote it.
The Founding Fathers of this country would be pissed if they knew that the lie of Democracy was being spread in their name.
I had almost given up and thought the people will never 'get it,' but then I noticed that lately there has been a lot of talk in the media about the abuses of this administration, and in the mainstream media of all places! Maybe the sheep are finally beginning to wake up. I was amazed to see that MSNBC and CNN were actually telling the truth . . . or at least as close to the truth as sheep that still believe in 'Democracy' could tell about the Bush regime. Finally mainstream commentators like Keith Olbermann and Jack Cafferty seem to finally be getting it.
I nearly fell out of my chair when Olbermann exclaimed that the biggest enemy of freedom was George W. Bush or when Cafferty said it was his hope that all incumbents lose. Sure, I know he did not get the really big picture in that he hoped that other charlatans would replace them, but at least these people may be starting to see it.
For six years now I have watched this Nazi and his cabal trash our freedoms and no one in the mainstream media seemed to notice. From the Patriot Act to the Military Commissions Act, we have all been lied to, spied on and abused, and all in the name of 'Dumbocracy' and 'Freedumb.'
If we are going to promote the farce of Democracy, we should at least call it by its rightful name: Dumbocracy. The sheep will be making another pilgrimage to the polls soon and I am seriously thinking of having signs made and standing out by one of the polling places that reads 'Don't vote, it only encourages them.' I of course will position myself right across from the mental midgets holding the 'Vote for ______(fill in a charlatan of your choice)' signs . . . this should be fun.
Although I would never participate in this farce, I must admit I will enjoy seeing the Republicrats get their asses handed to them and lose some of their power to the other side. Not that the Democrats are any better, just a different kind of Fascism and a much needed rest from the right wing Nazis . . . ah, left wing Fascism seems so much kinder and gentler to me at this point.